Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 – Helicopter Tape?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Anybody used it to protect the screen?

Currently got a screen protector from amazon but its lasted about 3 weeks and its covered in scratches!

Does the touch screen still work with 3M Helicopter Tape and is it optically clear enough to see the screen?

Stu661
    Free Member

Used copter tape on my 500 and it works fine to be truthful it’s holding the screen together after a off cracked it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I think that would be a bad idea. Try another brand of screen protector, helicopter tape will be nigh on impossible to remove so what will you do when that is scratched!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i got an ipad screen protector and just cut it to size, when it either peels off or gets too scratched, just cut another bit out. Works out pretty cheap, i got it in tesco for about £3

Rik
    Free Member

Good idea about using a iPad protector.

Is there such a thing as a diamond grade screen protector? Highly scratch resistant??

postierich
    Free Member

Good god people are so precious about the latest gizmos!! never even thought about protecting my Garmin its supposed to be used outdoors in filth! 🙄

Rik
    Free Member

Why the hell not, it’s not as if they are cheap! You can’t get much more abrasive than Peak Grit!

Rik
    Free Member

Awesome bit link there doodlebug – just picked up 18 screen protectors for £3 posted.

Ace!!

doglover
    Free Member

Recommend getting a Zagg screen protector, bit pricey but worth it if applied properly. Needs to go over the gap between the screen and edge, this is the weak point of the 800, with my first 800 I tried to remove some grit that got in the gap only to crack the screen – albit only a tiny crack but enought to get a replacement under warranty.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 – Helicopter Tape?’ is closed to new replies.