Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 705 with City Navigator® Europe NT – any experience
  • mrnmissespanda

We are considering buying a 705 with the City Navigator® Europe NT map on sd-card.

We want to use it for navigating around europe (UK, france and low countries). Does anyone have any experience of this setup. How good is the city navigator maps. For instance, can you type in a postcode and go from there?

Many thanks

Panda

blades2000
    Free Member

I have the map on my Garmin Nuvi 200 and my 705. Navigation on the 705 works but due to size and lack of touch screen its not as easy to use a the normal satnav. Its also a pain to type out whole addresses. Still works though or seems to.
    Hope this helps.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have Topo and City Navigator Europe maps on my 705, I use the City Navigator ones for on-road riding as they're much less cluttered. Worked fine in Spain to. I wasn't aware you could navigate by postcode on Garmin 705's but not really looked, I only ever use mine for plotting routes using mapping software or recording routes + training info.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got Topo and City Nav on my 705, I went for the DVD versions which allows me to transfer both onto the same SD card (it has to be done at the same time).

druidh
    Free Member

Wot Dibbs says. Get it on DVD and not SD. I made that mistake….

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

its not really good enough for navigating by itself. The screens too small, and postcode routing is 'ok' but might take you on a long out of the way route.

As others have said, i plan routes using bikehike or memory map and just follow them on the screen and use openmtbmap mapping (free).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 705 with City Navigator® Europe NT – any experience’ is closed to new replies.