Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin edge 500 downloading issue……
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

The Garmin went a bit ‘pete tong’ today, got fairly wet and stopped recording elevation halfway round but everything else seemed okay until i got home and attempted to upload my activity to strava….

I plugged it in as normal via USB into my Mac and it attempted to find satellites rather than external disc mode. Strava nor Garmin training centre could find device, not only that but my mac couldn’t even find it…. any ideas guys??

Thanks in advance

JB

m0rk
    Free Member

Using chrome?

I ended up using safari as there is a bug apparently

petrieboy

Contacts in the USB port wet or dirty?

trail_rat
    Free Member

You migh( read probably) t loose the data but hard reset solves these issues

epo-aholic
    Free Member

m0rk – i use safari normally and up ’till now never had an issue.

petrieboy – was careful to dry fully before connecting up and no muck that i can see in the port

trail_rat – i suspect you’re right, not to eorried about the data tbh

cheers for the input guys 🙂

Nezbo
    Free Member

Mine had the same problem on a ride a couple of days ago, I just updated the firmware before I went out so I though it might be something to do with that. I’m going to give it another go and see if it does the same, then I might try the full reset.

It was just like it flatlined for the las 500m or so.

Ps, mine seems to have been working fine with chrome for the last year…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yay! got it working……dried it out in the immersion cupboard, dare say it was some water ingress.

thanks again guys 😀

hitman
    Free Member

Seems like the OP has this fixed, but I’ve been having problems uploading data from 310XT for last few days and can’t get it resolved – anyone else having issues?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

In my experience the edge gps’s are not as water/grit proof as you might expect. I killed an edge 800 in one wet gritty lap of Afan- all the buttons filled with grit so you couldn’t press them down and water got inside too. I didn’t drop it- this was just from rain/gritty water splashing up on it

I got a warranty replacement from Garmin and have been much more careful with it since- if it’s really raining it goes in my bag.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge 500 downloading issue……’ is closed to new replies.