Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin Connect not uploading?
  • thorpie
    Free Member

My Garmin Edge won’t upload activities to Garmin connect, uploaded fine to Strava and the website recognises the activities, just won’t upload. Anyone else getting the Error message?

stealthcat

There have been a few threads on this recently – are you using Express? If so, try removing the unit from there and reinstalling it – worked for me.

stumpy01

They seem to have royally cocked the software up.

My Garmin refused to upload recently, having intermittently uploaded through Garmin Express previously.
    When i attempted to open Garmin Express, I found it wasn’t there. It had disappeared from Windows – dunno if it uninstalled itself or what but I had to re-install it and it then worked fine.

How is it that the Strava peeps can make their stuff integrate seamlessly with Garmin’s, but the Garmin peeps can’t?!
    I wish there was a decent alternative to Garmin GPS devices, as I’d be jumping ship when it’s time to replace my Edge 500.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

The Garmin site’s a bit broken today which is why the uploads aren’t happy, you might find more updates over on their support forums but I think we’ll just have to twiddle our thumbs a bit until it’s fixed…

neilwarne
    Free Member

It’s broken alright. More annoyingly the “modern” version of Connect is utter bobbins.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but has anyone had a problem syncing maps / routes from their garmin connect to their device?

I’ve tried a number of times from a mac and PC and have had no success with either – hitting the “send to device” button just fires up Garmin Express which then doesn’t do anything, and the option to sync the device is greyed out even though it’s connected by USB…

I’ve found a workaround that eventually works after a number of attempts whereby I use the Garmin iPhone client to sync the route to my phone and then from the phone to the device… it’s a bit of a faff though.

I’m quite new to Garmin but the device and PC software seems pretty poor – my ride yesterday was punctuated with two things that drove me nuts:

1. Travelling along a route I’d specified in advance it repeatedly told me to do a U turn / turn off onto the dirt track despite the fact I was on the course going in the right direction.

2. The edge device randomly beeped every minute or so even though this didn’t seem to correspond with the calorie, distance or altitude thresholds.

stumpy01

just5minutes – Member
    Slightly off topic but has anyone had a problem syncing maps / routes from their garmin connect to their device?

I’ve tried a number of times from a mac and PC and have had no success with either – hitting the “send to device” button just fires up Garmin Express which then doesn’t do anything, and the option to sync the device is greyed out even though it’s connected by USB…

I’ve found a workaround that eventually works after a number of attempts whereby I use the Garmin iPhone client to sync the route to my phone and then from the phone to the device… it’s a bit of a faff though.

I’m quite new to Garmin but the device and PC software seems pretty poor – my ride yesterday was punctuated with two things that drove me nuts:

1. Travelling along a route I’d specified in advance it repeatedly told me to do a U turn / turn off onto the dirt track despite the fact I was on the course going in the right direction.

2. The edge device randomly beeped every minute or so even though this didn’t seem to correspond with the calorie, distance or altitude thresholds.

I’ve given up with Garmin Connect for sending routes to my device. I used gpsies.com.
    If I use Garmin Connect, then the route will randomly appear and disappear from the screen as I go, which is annoying if it’s a route i haven’t taken before, or are not particularly familiar with. It works 100% fine so far with gpsies.com. This is with an Edge 500 and the issue is fairly well documented online; I think it stems from a firmware update, which royally messed things up.

My Edge 500 also randomly beeps at me, but this is normally the ‘off course’ chirp, when I am indeed on the course. It randomly loses the course, then finds it again a fwe seconds later.

thorpie
    Free Member

Working now but why two parts to garmin connect? Old version much better.

Weasel
    Free Member

Garmin Express won’t pick up my 310XT at all until I add it as a new device, to say this is annoying is an understatement.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, tried un-installing the software, re-installing, making sure I’ve got the correct version with no updates pending. I could go on….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect not uploading?’ is closed to new replies.