Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Connect
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Just logged on to Connect as its about time I dumped my rides and cleared out the GPS
    Its changed! How the hell do I get ride of all that rubbish that is pointless that appears, and just find a page that says upload. Like the old version.

TheSanityAssassin

IME when you plug the Garmin into the PC with the lead the website opens itself as the ‘old view’ version. You then just click the upload all new data option (or whatever it’s called) as you used to.
    Basically, don’t log on and then try to upload – plug it in and let it open itself.

scotroutes

Install Garmin Express.
    Plug in GPS
    Job done.

toofarwest

Click on the bottom icon on the left of the screen and select switch to classic temporarily.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sorry but thanks for your help.
    Neither is the case though 👿
    It used to just sort itself out but doesn’t any more.
    That express junk! Its there, its down loaded on to the Pc and doesn’t sodding well do anything. It picked up a new satnav happily enough, in fact that’s when it was installed but will it recognise my 800. Bloody well won’t.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Can’t see anything to send me to the old version.
    I am lying about one thing. It does know that the 800 exists. It just tells me a way that bear no resemblance to anything I would expect. I just want to ditch all those bloody boxes and have 1 button that say upload and a list of my activities come up like the old one did.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Damn thing just keeps telling me to download express but its there. It pops up when I point to the icon that slapped itself all over my desk top.

toofarwest

Try clicking on Activities and when the list comes up click import on the right. I think you’ll have to upload one at a time like this.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Activities, Import.

I uninstalled Express as my PC was running like a dog and crashing. It seemed to stop when removing Express. Also Express has a habit of forcing your Garmin to update to the latest firmware even if you told it not to, which is a nightmare as almost always the newest firmware is bug ridden and will trash my rides. I always hold off for a reputable stable version and I have roughly that (it still corrupts itself sometimes) and I’m not updating.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Garmin Connect Classic is ending in January, so get used to it.
    I much prefer the old layout, much simpler.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Yes – this is a real pain now. Progress??
    I just used to connect my Edge 705 to the Garmin Connect website – choose UPLOAD – select the right file from my Garmin & it uploaded it in a few steps which took seconds.

Now I have to go through the Garmin Express program – select my device & wait ages for it to ‘sync’. It does upload my most recent file but also gives a long list of files it cant upload/ WTF? they are all files garmin put on there – not me…

And as for the MODERN view – what pants…. it makes little sense to me. I will be sorry to lose the CLASSIC (sensible) view I am familiar with. Rant over….

scotroutes

See, I don’t even open Express. It just sits in the background until I connect a Garmin (including an Edge 705).

If there are lots of old files on there then it’ll be scanning them trying to work out what ones to upload. Try deleting them (or save them to your PC if you must) and it might be a lot quicker.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect’ is closed to new replies.