Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin bar mount
  • drapper
    Free Member

Any cheap alternatives to the 30quid official Garmin one! 1 for a 70mm stem and one for a 60mm stem! thanks lads

numbnut
    Free Member
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Sram

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 sram too

MSP

I have 4 bikes, the garmin original ones are just ridiculously expensive, the sram ones are still too much for a bit of molded plastic, just get a cheap one off ebay, they are exactly the same

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Cycling-Computer-Mount-fit-Garmin-Edge-200-500-800-510-810-Bryton-Rider-MIO-/301175252626?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&var=&hash=item461f71a692

chakaping
    Free Member

I was recommnded a Tate Labs Bar Fly on here before, and it’s been spot-on (45mm stem here).

riddoch

The bog standard garmin ones are cheap, 2 for about £6 the lay time I bought but have to be in the handlebars on such a short stem.

I’ve got the barfly one and it’s good. though it mounts on the handlebar it still puts the garmin centrally over the stem.

STATO
    Free Member

raceware 3d printed ones are nice, bit pricey direct but can often find them cheaper elsewhere (hint, search ebay).

milkyman
    Free Member

I bought one for my garmin 800 an out front mount and its perfect, its just a copy im guessing but cost me £9 delivered got it of amazon, sorry I don’t have the link

just search amazon for garmin out front mount and im sure you will find it

ska-49
    Free Member

Is there something like the standard Garmin bar mount but more secure? That might screw on? I’ve got one of the SRAM ones above but I hate how far it sticks out and I can’t reverse it because it doesn’t fit over my stem at a reasonable angle.

Edit: Edge 200, 50mm stem & 5mm spacer.

stevious

ska-49 – I think SRAM do a ‘backwards’ one that mounts in the same mode as the ‘out-front’ ones but puts the garmin over your stem. You can try doing that with a normal out front one backwards but IME the angles didn’t work out well for viewing.

EDIT – just re-read your post and you’ve already said you’ve tried it back to front. I should learn to RTFP!

I have a couple of the SRAM branded out front mounts, which are very good indeed. I suspect the cheaper unbranded ebay/amazon ones are identical.

ratherbeintobago

K-edge do this for those of us running short stems:

drapper
    Free Member

Sorted lads thanks

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve also got SRAM mounts on all my bikes but does anyone know off hand if SRAM do a reverse mount that clamps on the right side of the bar as the one I have interferes with my Troutie light?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin bar mount’ is closed to new replies.