Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Garmin auto upload to Strava – how do I turn it off?
  • number18
    Free Member

I already had a Garmin Forerunner 110 which I’ve been using for all my runs and rides. I’ve never bothered with the Garmin Connect site, and just used the watch as a storage device and uploaded manually to Strava, selecting activity type at the point of uploading.

I’ve just bought a Garmin Edge 810 for riding so I’ve been updating my Garmin account and downloaded software updates for both devices etc.

Now when I use the watch, as soon as it is connected to my laptop via the USB port it auto-uploads to Strava any activity to my account as a run.

I prefer to manually upload for my runs, but especially need this feature back as my o-h has started going running and is using my Forerunner watch. So, atm as soon as I plug the watch in to the laptop her run is logged on my Strava account!

Can anyone help please? How do I switch off the auto-upload?

piesoup
    Free Member

Only way I found was to unlink the accounts. There doesn’t seem to be a way to stop it. I’ve trawled the Garmin forums for the same question.
    Hopefully someone here will be able to help!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Unlink Garmin account from Strava, or just delete her activities when they’ve uploaded (only a couple of clicks).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Garmin auto upload to Strava – how do I turn it off?’ is closed to new replies.