Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin ANT+ HRM with Endomondo – can it be done?
  • MrGreedy

I recently bought an Edge 800 GPS with the HRM and cadence sensor stuff – it all works well and it’s great.

But I also do a bit of running, using Endomondo on my Android phone (HTC Desire) to track my runs. As the HRM strap that came with the Garmin is ANT+ compatible, I thought I might be able to use it with Endomondo to record HR while running, but for some reason I can’t get the devices to pair. Am I doing something wrong or is this easy interoperability thing not quite as interoperable as I hoped?

druidh
    Free Member

There’s nothing on an HTC Desire that can communicate with a Garmin ANT+ peripheral.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I think you can with Sony phones

MrGreedy

OK, that makes sense. As Endomondo had the options in the menu I’d assumed the hardware supported it, but obviously not. It’s not something I’d bother changing phones for, but just out of interest is this something that’s becoming more widely supported? Might bear it in mind next time I upgrade if so.

druidh
    Free Member

I think the Sony Xperias are the only phones to come with ANT+, but IIRC there is an adaptor for the iPhone.

krixmeister

Of no help to MrGreedy, but these guys sell iPhone adapters for ANT+

http://www.wahoofitness.com/

I’m tempted now that Strava supports HRM via ANT+, but knowing my luck the iPhone 5 WILL have a new plug port size, and being the gadget freak I am I’ll need to upgrade both my phone and my ANT+ adaptor in the near future…

jam-bo

knowing my luck the iPhone 5

will also support Bluetooth 4, as does the 4S. plenty of low power bluetooth accessories coming to market soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin ANT+ HRM with Endomondo – can it be done?’ is closed to new replies.