Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • garmin 810 – navigation question
  • scruff9252

I *may* be over thinking this but please put my mind to rest.

I have a garmin 810 and doing the southlakes 100 at the weekend. At somepoint during the ride, I’ll most likely want to bivy out.

Question being, if you stop a ride mid way through following a presaved course and turn off the garmin – will it still be able to follow on from where you left off when you turn it back on again?

I know it has a “navigate to start of route” prompt but if not selected will it restart navigation when it finds itself on the route again?

Ta

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think I’ve just hit a route and when I cross it I’m “back on track”
    Best bet it to create a route that goes down your road, load it up set it to navigate and walk to the road – see what happens

Rubber_Buccaneer

it has a “navigate to start of route” prompt but if not selected will it restart navigation when it finds itself on the route again?

This has been my experience with an edge 800 so I’d expect the 810 to be the same. In your position I’d be trying it out beforehand just to be sure

RoterStern
    Free Member

Edit. Sorry missread your post. But yes when you switch it on you can carry on as before.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Bear in mind that when you restart the barometric pressure may have change and you may have a step up/down in elevation.

iolo
    Free Member

Why not create a waypoint where you leave the track? Then all you have to do is navigate back to that waypoint and follow the route again.

mbr30
    Free Member

Mine crashed on a recent lakes ride right just before the final decent. Had to turn it off and on and it didn’t continue tracking my ride. Was left with a big straight line from crash point to car park (pretty certain I was kom too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘garmin 810 – navigation question’ is closed to new replies.