• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dpfr.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin 810 doing my head in
  • dpfr

Can anyone help please?

I have a new Edge 810 and it will not talk to my computer (Windows 7) via Garmin Express. The computer doesn’t find it, and messing around leads quite quickly to the Blue Screen of Death.

I’m using the USB cable that came with the 810, I’ve tried both USB ports on the computer. Nothing works and it’s driving me nuts!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds more pc related? I’ve seen them take a little bit of time to be recognised but that’s it. Try it in a different computer

Dibbs
    Free Member

Does the PC see the 810 as a drive (two drives one for the 810, one for the memory card)?
    Make sure Garmin Express is up to date some of the early versions where awful (the latest version isn’t brilliant).

dpfr

It doesn’t see it at all. I’ve reset the Garmin and wiped and reinstalled all Garmin files from the PC, without any improvement. Then I start pushing buttons and the World goes Blue….

flap_jack
    Free Member

Take it back.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Have a lok on the Garmin Edge 810 forum, there’s something there about forcing the 810 into USB mode I think.
    https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?362-Edge-810

Dibbs
    Free Member

Try this:-
    With the 810 switched off hold the lap button before connecting to your PC and then release it when the battery indicator shows, it should register as storage device.

DickBarton

Can you try another computer to see if that detects it?

dpfr

Thanks all- I’ll try these suggestions

Kieran

My 810 wouldn’t see the computer either when I first got it. Was about to send it back but decided to try the USB cable from my go-pro and it worked fine. On checking other cables it seems to be very fussy about the cable it will and won’t work with.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Windows 7/ Edge 810 user here, works fine, try a different PC and or cable that you know works.

dpfr

Thanks all. A new computer worked just fine, so it’s given me the kick up the backside I needed to move everything from a rather tired laptop to a shiny new one, which I have been meaning to do for months. I think the USB slots on the old one were getting a bit temperamental.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 doing my head in’ is closed to new replies.