Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin 810 – can it do phone text notifications?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Suspect not, which would be a shame. But have I missed some sneaky update?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pretty sure that’s a 1000 thingy only. (Annoying that it only shows phone calls and texts as notifications, not emails, but there you go…)

mrblobby
    Free Member

That would be a shame. Had to stop on a ride today due to much buzzing of phone in back pocket. I hate stopping.

Does the 520 do it?

scotroutes

Switch your phone off

HTH 🙂

simondbarnes

Does the 520 do it?

Yes

mrblobby
    Free Member

Switch your phone off

Tempting but need to be contactable and know if specific people are trying to get in touch. Would be nice if a notification just popped up on the display.

Also use it so that Mrs Blobby can find me if I end up lying unconscious in a ditch somewhere!

Poopscoop

Probably not helpful but another option is to get a cheap smart watch. Handy off the bike too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Would be under a sleeve and glove, would probably still need to stop to check it.

Hmm a RFLKT+ may be a nice and not too pricey option.

Poopscoop

I fit the Pebble on the handlebar, small screen though, but good enough to at least see who is calling/ texting.

alansd1980

I think there have been updates that allow the 810 to have the notifications??

prawny

As above, no. As above, I recommend pebble watches.

Poopscoop

prawny – Member
    As above, no. As above, I recommend pebble watches

I knew I couldn’t be the only one. Totally waterproof too and always on screen. Non of this water “resistant” rubbish all other (expensive) smart watches are either…. Apart from the other pebble models of course.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 – can it do phone text notifications?’ is closed to new replies.