Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 800 screen replacement.
  • mactheknife

Well, like a complete tool i fixed a puncture this week with my garmin on the bars. I just completely forgot it was there TBH.

So i now have a very very scratched screen.

I have found a couple of places online but it does not seem as straightforward as a phone screen replacement. I have emailed garmin support for prices but in the meantime 🙂

Cheers

jsync

Can you polish the scratches out with polywatch?

mactheknife

It may do jsync but a couple are quite deep and long. I was descending cairngorm and i must have put my bike on the sharpest and pointyist rock on the mountain 🙁

creamegg
    Free Member

Unless theyve changed they dont carry out screen repairs but are likely to offer a replacement device for around £80 ish. It was a few years ago when i enquired so price may have changed since then. I decided not to bother as it still works perfectly with a cracked screen

Edit: mines cracked all the way through, not just scratches. I get that you want a nice shiny screen, but realistically it probably wont stay looking new and shiny if its strapped to a mountain bike… Not mine anyway

mactheknife

Ah, thanks creamegg. ill try the polywatch route first and wait to see what garmin say.

I use the mapping a fair bit so thats the only reason its bugging me. I could handle some squinting at numbers but not at OS mapping.

mintimperial

I smashed my Edge 800 screen a couple of years back and Garmin sorted me out with a replacement for 70-odd quid. I had to send the busted one to them too. Definitely worth giving then a call if you can’t polish it back to usefulness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 screen replacement.’ is closed to new replies.