Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • GARMIN 800 – I'm sure it's a silly question. (mapping)
  • RV
    Free Member

Off to do the PPDS this weekend and wanted to log the miles for a challenge I’m doing. I have the UK OS trail bundle map loaded so this obviously won’t cover France, but if I turn it on, will it record the route i do and then place it on top of a endomondo/strava map when i try to load it back up, once home as it will still be tracking my movements, just not on the garmin map?

richardk
    Free Member

I use a Garmin 310 so it doesn’t have a map ability at all, but my routes always get overlaid onto the maps correctly in both Garmin Connect and Strava.

The logging just records the time with your lat/lon, so its up to the applications (Garmin/Strava) to overlay that on whatever map it uses.

CraigW
    Free Member

Yes, it will still record a track for where you’ve been.

I think the Edge 800 actually has a worldwide basemap installed as standard. Though this is probably not very detailed or accurate, mostly just motorways and city names. So not a lot of use for cycling.

You could install some free OpenStreetMap based maps for France if you want, they would give much more detail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘GARMIN 800 – I'm sure it's a silly question. (mapping)’ is closed to new replies.