Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Garmin 800
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

So yesterday before I headed out I turned on my Garmin 800 and it came up with a message ‘usb wrong power adapter’ or something like that. Did a bit of googling and it suggested a damp usb socket, followed the guidance and put it in a ziplock bag with a packet of silicon dessicant, went to turn it on this morning and the battery had completely discharged.

It’s on charge at the moment so hopefully it comes back to life.

This is a crash replacement unit from Garmin after I smashed my original one last August

Dibbs
    Free Member

i would have put a drop of WD40 in the usb socket first to stop any corrosion and drive out any moisture. you could try working the usb plug in and out of the socket a few time to clean the contacts and hopefully clear any short circuit.

stevego
    Free Member

I get this regularly with mine (it is out of warranty otherwise it would go back). I scrub out the USB port with isopropyl and a toothbrush and let it dry on the windowsill for a day or two. It then generally works until it again accumulates moisture. I’ve tried duct-taping up the ports but that doesn’t stop sweat etc or solve problems. Mine is now currently stuck in diagnostic mode since todays ride, hope it will sort itself out. It has never done this one before.

steve_b77
    Free Member

At least I’m not alone in this, hope I dries out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800’ is closed to new replies.