Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 705…. Or downgrade….?
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Currently own an Edge 705. I use all the speed, gps track, cadence functions but when it comes to route following intend to just look at the map and follow the purple line, never use turn by turn nav.

Would I regret downgrading to non mapping unit and selling this on? I presume all the Edges allow you to follow a breadcrumb trail.

Although it wouldn’t be a downgrade if I went for a newer model…. Probably end up costing me money rather than saving!

Anyone had similar experiences?

Cheers

pnik

Im not sure you even get the line option on the non mapping models . I’d check if I were you, I was under the impression that they were just recorders of data. Ive got the 705 too, I’ll change when it dies I guess. Like you I don’t use the turn by turn, but I do load up gpx files and follow the lines.

nemesis
    Free Member

Many of the non map ones still allow you to just follow a line on the screen. But without a map underneath.

pnik

Oh, OK. That be be enough then, sorry for misinfo.

xanboy
    Free Member

You can upload and follow routes on all Garmin Edge units. The go from grey scale line with audible alerts and arrows, to the same in colour and then to mapping.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Yeah I think that would be enough…. But since this 705 is getting old now it looks like even 2nd hand prices aren’t worth a change until it died!

Cheers all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 705…. Or downgrade….?’ is closed to new replies.