Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 605 question
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Do I
    A: throw it against the wall
    B: Smash it with a hammer
    C: Repeatedly drive over it

any ideas would be great

d45yth
    Free Member

I had a similar problem to this…It turned to to be the USB lead! You’ll probably have another cable lying around. An old phone cable or a PS3 controller lead is what I used.

SOAP
    Free Member

just plugged the car Garmin in and I get the same result!
    thanks

RDL-82
    Free Member

Can you still view the device as a mass storage drive under My Computer?
    Also right click on the ‘unknown device’ go on properties or details or some such, see if a driver is associated to it and delete it. If not try and find the Garmin drivers on the computer for your device and remove them. After that plug the device in and hopefully windows will see a new device and install it.

Can’t be more precise as I’m on phone, and no guarantee it’ll work but worth a try

HTH

SOAP
    Free Member

cannot see it under My Computer but the unit is charging.
    just un installed the Drivers and its still the same 🙁

RDL-82
    Free Member

Does the unit turn on?
    Could try a hard reset…with device off hold power and mode button until unit comes on and asks if your sure (or something along those lines) you’ll lose your history on the device history screen but it will still be present in the devices mass storage so you can import them into Garmin Connect separately if needed.

HTH

SOAP
    Free Member

reinstalled drivers from garmin,and it still turns on tried hard reset and still the same.
    just brought a £1.99 lead of ebay so will see if that works

RDL-82
    Free Member

Well assuming you’ve tried all the other USB ports on the computer, hopefully a new cable will work. Have you another computer you can try it on in the mean time.

SOAP
    Free Member

£1.99 lead and its fixed 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 605 question’ is closed to new replies.