• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by TedC.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin 510 speed/cadence sensor not found
  • julzm
    Free Member

Recently bought a garmin edge 510 with the new Magnetless speed and cadence sensors (not the GSC10). However, the owners manual only covers pairing of the GSC10 rather than these two new sensors.

I think they are paired using the sensor setting on the activity page and then tapping the speed/cadence sensor settings. However, it just constantly comes back as speed/cadence sensor not found. I’m not sure if it’s trying to pair a gsc10 since that would cover both speed and cadence rather than these which are independent of each other.

Anyone got any experience or advice that might help? I’ve emailed garmin support but no response as yet.

Many thanks.

whitestone
    Free Member

With the cadence sensor I found that you had to spin the cranks for the base unit to find it. I think it’s because the sensor isn’t active until it’s moving, probably to save battery life.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve just switched from GSC010 to magnet less and been through the re pairing process.

The trick is not to pick speed/cadence but the individual sensors, one at once. Spin up the cranks or wheel until the green light stops flashing then from the bike setup page you can add sensors.

Sorry thats not too clear, I can’t remember the exact page settings.

Now they are paired it’s great. Easy to swap bikes, low profile and unobtrusive and as accurate.

julzm
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll try adding them one at a time.

TedC

Went through this a month or so back. As gravity-slave says you have to pair them as two separate sensors – one as Speed, one as Cadence. Seemed to pair better as they started moving (rather than have them moving before hand) so start with cranks still, start pairing on the 510 and then start spinning the cranks/wheel as appropriate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 510 speed/cadence sensor not found’ is closed to new replies.