Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GardX for the car. Worth having for nowt?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

After a slight hiccup picking up my new motor the dealer has offered me GardX treatment for the exterior for free.

Does anyone have experience of GardX? I know the dealers try and sell it for like £500 but pretty much every review I read on it says it’s a waste of money and it only costs the dealer like £30 or something and is basically just a polish (wax?).

I’m pretty weird about washing my car and will be claying>polishing>waxing a couple of times a year anyway.. Does anyone know if the GardX will impact what products/process I use for this?

Online, the consensus seems to be to keep your money but is it worth having for nowt?

Any thoughts/experiences much appreciated.
    Cheers.

windyg
    Free Member

It’s free I would just take it.

alanf
    Free Member

If you’re claying the car in future wont it just get removed then?
    Still, if it does you’ve got some protection until you do over winter.

If your planning on claying straight away I probably wouldn’t bother and get them to offer something else instead?

Jason
    Free Member

I had the equivalant Autoglym system applied to my car when I bought it. For some reason after I agreed a price for the car the dealer then added the system into the final price, with no extra cost to me. I got the impression that some dealers are targetted on how many of these sort of upgrades they sell. As it was free I went along with it.

I am very careful with my cars paintwork, it is always handwashed by me. In winter it gets snowfoamed before washing etc. I don’t think the finish these systems give is any better or tougher than a decent wax. However it appeared to be applied very well, and 18 months on the paintwork is still in great condition with no swirl marks – but that is down to me not the system.

Overall the best thing about it was a large bag full of Autoglym cleaning stuff that is included in the system price (admittedly I haven’t used half of it). So for free I would go for it, but no way would I pay for it.

nickewen
    Free Member

I probably wouldn’t clay until next year anyway so it’s probably worthwhile getting the treatment by the sounds of it and the timing is good for protecting the new paint before winter as noted. Just spoke to the dealer and they confirmed I would get a bag of goodies as well so sounds like it’s a goer! Shame it’s not Autoglym as I’ve been using their stuff for years and it’s very good (especially the aqua wax)

Cheers all

Gary_M
    Free Member

I got this done on the last new car I bought on the interior and exterior, for free as a final deal sweatener. It’s was fine, it was free, I wouldn’t have paid for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GardX for the car. Worth having for nowt?’ is closed to new replies.