Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garden bike boxes for tenants.
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

Continuing with my percieved role as a female version of Van Hoogstraten I would like to get my unwashed, ungrateful, and two wheeled tenants some garden storage for their bikes. These are students with commuter bikes. What do the collective recommend as the best bang for buck?
    I would be happy to bolt through with security loops etc.

binners

Students? Isn’t it traditional to keep them in the front room, on the carpet, lent up against a traffic cone and a huge pile of empty beer cans.

They really must be scared of you….

dbcooper
    Free Member

High kwality properties, and we want them to stay that way..
    Not to mention the council hassle us as its a fire escape risk cos the kids leave them in doorways and the like.

Kahurangi

When I was a student we asked for (and got) some hoops that went in to the front wall of the house – next to the front door, underneath the front window and behind a hedge. Once decent bike got its wheels nicked as only the frame was locked but ordinary BSO’s were fine for the year.

If you’re looking in to Asgard bike boxes and the like they are quite big and could be a problem if tenants start losing keys! I’m also aware that if you have one of those in plain sight it could attract attention more than it keeps the bikes safe.

crankboy
    Free Member

I have a cheap b and q wooden one holds 3 adult and one balance bike and a child seat at a squash .one set of adult bars turned through 90° . it is as secure as any other wooden box shed security could be improved by a base and some form of ground anchor . it keeps the weather off and deters the casual thief . our computer bikes have been in it for 4 years in Leeds 7 without problem. The good bikes are I’m the house though .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garden bike boxes for tenants.’ is closed to new replies.