Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garage Storage (again)
  • Freester

Probably going to give my imminent move the commentator’s curse but I am starting to let myself think about setting up a decent man cave once we’re in. Double garage – one side we’ll keep a car in but the other I’d like to setup for my bikes etc.

Done a few searches on here but showing up old threads where the photos no longer exist. What solutions for hanging bikes (hook one wheel up so bike at right angles to wall?), shelving, bike tools etc?

TIA

Freester

fruitbat

Parallel to the wall for me –

nedrapier

Same as fruitbat. Probably after seeing his. You don’t need as much metal as that, though. couple of 3″ shelf brackets for the front wheel (bend the last half inch on each as a lip if you fancy), another one for the back, and a hook on some wire attached to the wall in line with the top of the back wheel so you can hook it over the back tyre.

Or, something than occurred to me the other day, a little upwards slot bracketty hook type thing to slot the inside of the pedal axle onto.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

erm… paging Mr Overshoot !!!

fruitbat

Variation on a theme using those Red Hook Type Pedal Brackets

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mines ‘red hooks’ at about eye level, spaced about 60cm, and the bikes hung vertically.

+ Cheap and easy, just drilled some small pilot holes and screwed them straight into the brick (quicker than doing it properly with rawl plugs and an 8mm bit, but they’ve stayed in).

– the hooks bend, particularly with heavier bikes and wider rims, the fatty’s is barely holding together.

+ easy to put a ground anchor in the wall at each end and a long cable through all the bikes with a padlock at each end.

Having a sort out before Christmas and cleared out a number of bikes I’m thinking of changing it to something more like the double decker stands you get at stations as I’ve loads of wood left from building the walls. Or even a ‘mezzanine’ 4ft off the floor, bikes on top, other bulky sports kit (and the lawnmower) underneath.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garage Storage (again)’ is closed to new replies.