Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garage flooring
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I painted my garage floor a number of years ago but its looking a bit grubby now. There’s a car lives in there then an area at the back for working on the bike. I’m thinking of repainting the bit the car sits on and fitting rubber interlocking tiles in the bit I use for working on bikes – something like this

I had looked at the interlocking tiles for the whole floor but its way too expensive. The floor is clear apart from a set of shelves and a soon to be purchased roll cabinet. Everything else is up on the walls.

I fancy the rubber tiles as they’ll be a bit warmer underfoot than cold concrete and a bit easier to keep clean than a painted rough concrete surface.

Any other options I should be looking at?

nedrapier

Sure, they might be expensive, but look at the guy in the picture – he’s absolutely delighted!

I’m looking at foam tiles for the same purpose. Bit cheaper, bit warmer.

EVA Foam Mats & Rubber Flooring

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I had a look at foam but surely they wouldn’t be very robust or very easy to wipe clean?

tinribz
    Free Member

Halfords sell similar rubber inter-lockering tiles bit cheaper under £5/m2.

steveh

horsematsplus.co.uk were the cheapest I could find for rubber flooring.

Frankers
    Free Member

I got some cheap floor tiles and tiled my garage

stumpyjon

They’re pretty cheap, I went with screwfix ones, around 25 per m2, cost nearly £600 for my double garage, quite a lot but they are pretty robust. Do warp pretty badly if they get hot, eg direct sunlight, but go flat again when the temperature normalises.

footflaps

Halfords sell similar rubber inter-lockering tiles bit cheaper under £5/m2.

They’re pretty cheap, wonder how robust they are?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Had a quick look at the Halfords ones but can’t see any spec details to say how thick they are. Ones I e looked at are 14mm thick. I’ve measured the area I want to do and it’s only 5 square metres so not a big cost.

footflaps

I think the Halfords are 7mm from a quick Google..

Gary_M
    Free Member

The ‘bigdug’ link abaove also have an ebay store and they had an auction ending last night for 25 tiles, which I won for £90, I might need a couple more but I need edging strips and its free post anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garage flooring’ is closed to new replies.