Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garage door security question.
  • matty456
    Free Member

As above, I want to secure my garage door, it’s a metal up and over with diagonal moulded slats. I want minimal visual security and have been looking at the d613 enfield garage door bolts. Can I fit these to my type of door? Or is there any other security I can fit to inside my type of door?

Ta very much.

Liftman

Electrify it 8)

matty456
    Free Member

Nice, I thought of that too! Don’t you have to be careful about electrifrying scum bags nowadays! Human rights etc! BZZZZZZZZZZ

matthewjb
    Free Member

I have a similar style door to yours. Well it’s metal up and over.

I fitted some of these along the bottom edge into the floor.

From the outside the only thing visible is the heads of the coach bolts and the key hole.

dazz
    Free Member

from the outside my garage door has 1 small padlock at the bottom in the middle, inside I have a steel scaffold bar running along the top of the door, this sits inside u shaped brackets bolted to the wall, at the bottom I attach ratchet straps on each corner that go up to the roof supports & ratchet them up tight, there are also 2 bolts that just drop into holes drilled into the floor when the door is closed.

There was a run of garages being broken into by us where they’d just peel the corner of the door back, so this was my amateur response.

althepal

I used to work in insurance and saw a lot of claims where the corner of the doors had been peeled back. Also had a lot where there were padlock and hasps on the corners- either onto the bottom of the frame or to the ground- and those were just snipped or sawed and again the corners peeled up.
    Have heard of folk using scaffolding poles vertically at either end of the door to stop it being peeled but that would make the door a lot heavier and poss mess with the balance/raising and lowering.
    Think the shoot bolts into the door frame at the bottom corners are good, as long as the door is tight up to the frame- means there’s less room to get a lever in and jemmy them- they’re also hard to cut as there’s nothing on the outside really to breach!

matty456
    Free Member

Nice one thanks for the advice. Just got to measure up to see if those enfield bolts will fit door. Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garage door security question.’ is closed to new replies.