Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • game of thrones
  • Klunk
    Free Member

a bit saucier than Merlin ! 😯

deluded
    Free Member

Looks excellent – just bought the book though based on recommendations by this forum. I think I’ll read it then watch the box-set when it comes out.

chojin
    Free Member

Gonna watch it on Atlantic HD later tonight – looks good!

kimbers

it almost makes me wish i had sky-

torrents to the rescue!

suspect ill be buying it on bluray though

thejesmonddingo

Poor old Sean Bean,I bet he regrets the “Blades till I die” tatt now.

finbar
    Free Member

The book series is indeed amazing, i heartily recommend it! Especially as the next one is finally actually being published, July 6th i think.

Must find somewhere online i can watch the first epsiode…

Cougar

Interview with GRRM on Sky Atlantic right now. Being interviewed by Joe Abercrombie (who I’ve met and is a class one Dude).

Ch.108, Sky HD viewers.

duckman

1st book is cracking,23 mins to go!

Northwind

George RR Martin was born to be a lighthouse keeper:

Er, that’s all really. I don’t have any channels that I can watch this on and I don’t want a ropey download so I guess I’ll wait for the DVDs.

(I like the idea of getting Joe Abercrombie to interview him, after all they’re the leading lights in the genre of Fantasy In Which Everyone Is A Total Bastard)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its a bit sweary and boobalicious innit?

mcboo
    Free Member

I wasnt expecting a whole lot, not a fantasy/LOTR type fan at all. REALLY enjoyed it, you can always trust HBO to let film-makers take their time to develop character and plot. Good cast too, including the much maligned S.Bean.

That opening sequence in the snow was stunning.

BoardinBob

Thought it tried a bit too hard. Ooooh, swearing. Oooh, beheadings. Ooooh, incest. Look ut as, we’re edgy!

kimbers

northwind the not all downloads are ropey am watching an excellent quality version of sons of anarchy at the moment you just have to search for the good ones 🙂

tyger
    Free Member

where can I watch it online?

z1ppy

well I’m onto book 3, they read annoyingly well/quickly… bugger.
    More hints of fantasy (‘others’/whitewalkers), than full on fantasy BTW (though sorcery is on the increase with each book)

(Have sky+ the TV series, will watch it later in the week)

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve had this saved in my phone for ages and the alarm went off 15 mins earlier.

So I forced the wife to watch it instead of Glee.

And as someone how has hearing problems i was thoroughly p!ssed off to discover that neither the HD or standard channels had fricking subtitles.

So we switched over to bloody Glee.

The first 10 mins looked good and the girl with the wierd eyes was scary looking…don’t know what it was all about though as I couldn’t hear what they were saying.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

And as someone how has hearing problems i was thoroughly p!ssed off to discover that neither the HD or standard channels had fricking subtitles.

So we switched over to bloody Glee.

Glee. One of the very few instances in life when you can be grateful for hearing problems.
    🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

Yep…I fortunately couldn’t hear Glee either…although it did have subtitles.

Since experiencing hearing problems I’ve been shocked at how cr@p subtitles are…more often than not the subtitles appear before the words are spoken, or shortly after. Or sometimes they don’t make any sense at all.

Quite often there are no subtitles at all – given the focus on accessibility on the web and public buildings you’d think this would also extend to television.

I’ve got a good mind to complain.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just tried watching it – got 36 minutes in and switched it off. Even the titties couldn’t hold my attention. What a crock.

spacemonkey

Bought the books for my ex years ago. She loved them – whereas I found them too full of politics and detail for my liking. Beautifully written, mind – just not my bag. Sincerely hope the series does them justice.

Cougar, how did you get to me JA? He could become a seriously good storyteller that boy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘game of thrones’ is closed to new replies.