Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gaerne Polar MTB
  • mrnmissespanda

Does anyone know how warm and generally these boots are? Chain reaction have them at £125. Currently I have shimano w101 and they are not warm enough.

Many thanks

panda

uplink
    Free Member

IME – if you suffer from cold feet with one particular boot, moving to another isn’t going to make a great difference
    I constantly have cold feet in Winter & have tried pretty much every boot/sock combination – I’ve tried getting them with lots of room to allow plenty of toe wriggle etc. & I’ve worn them 2 sizes too big with 3 pairs of socks & overboots – nothing works
    I’ve seen a few posts on here from folk with similar issues & they seem to concur.
    I was tempted to buy some Sidi electric insoles but they’re expensive & I’ve [as yet] resisted spending good money on what maybe just another failed experiment.

sadexpunk

id second that 🙁

given up on finding the right winter glove or boot now 🙁

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have Gearne Polars, have had for 3yrs

Much better than the Shimano and Northwaves they replaced, the Northwaves are not bad to be fair

uplink
    Free Member

Strangely enough – my hands are always very [too] warm & I ride all year round in thin unlined gloves

nsaints
    Free Member

Shimano MW02 have been very disappointing, and what difference do overshoes make to the cold…nothing, from my experiences

mrnmissespanda

Has anyone tried the Gearne Eskimos? Are they supposed to be warmer?

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gaerne Polar MTB’ is closed to new replies.