Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • G Shock watches
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I need a new watch and my birthday is coming up. I’d like something that is relatively cheap, sturdy, water proof and thought of G Shock. I will wear it for biking and surfing, so nees to be comfortable on the bike, no digging in to the wrist. Are there any recommendations priced between 50-100GBP

thanks

donsimon
    Free Member

I got one of these a few weeks ago, it tells the time and everything…

AWG-101-1AER

Harry_the_Spider

Zillions* of them on Amazon.

I’ve got one of these.

It does both time and date. It does lots of other stuff too but I can’t be bothered reading the instructions.

*actually it is 622.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i still have the scar on the back of my hand from when my G shock dug into the back of my hand in a crash on fort william DH.

never worn it since … lil casio for me.

Roblilly
    Free Member

I asked the same question as this….bought one…love it!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Really rate mine, gw 2500b 1aer, just scrapes in around your budget (not my photo btw). Atomic timekeeping means it’s always right to the second. Solar powered and of course the (deserved) legendary g-shock toughness. I did have a digital one for a bit but I found I had to “read” the time rather than tell it at a glance, just used to analogue dials I guess. As they go I think this is one of the “simpler” and therefore easiest to read ana-digi G-shock dials. (And best looking! 😆 )

Harry_the_Spider

Whoever took that picture ^ has had sex with his watch.

godzilla
    Free Member

Im all adout the GA110..

thehustler
    Free Member

wearing a GA3344 atm, also have one of the first generation plastic gshocks, and one of their protrek thingies all been abused all still work perfectly………………..

Albanach
    Free Member

I got one of these G-Shocks a few weeks back and can’t complain for gardening, working outside and riding.

Vortexracing

I’ve been eyeing one of these on ebay

G-1000-1AER S57A

trouble is I can’t seem to judge how large they are.

I’m only ickle you see 😳

anybody help?

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you’ll be fine, I’m very slender in the wrist (15cms) and have the watch I posted above which looks fine. Some of the digital G-shocks are huge, but anything with hands I think will be fine.

grantway
    Free Member

billy boulders How much was your watch ?
    Have been looking for a trail watch

CountZero

I’d love a G-Shock, but they insist on putting all the supplementary crap on them. How many people use those stupid little dials? What’s wrong with a super-tough watch with hands and hour markers?
    A G-Shock with a clear face like this:

or this:

would be a near-perfect timepiece.

alpin
    Free Member

agree.. who bothers with the dials other than the one that tells the time?

surely if you’re that bothered about accurate time measurement you’ll buy a proper stop watch.

grantway
    Free Member

Found this for a Panerai replica for the same price has a G shock
    Paneria Replica Watches

They really, really do look a bit crap. No, seriously, they do.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I had a look at the g-shock range a while ago and didn’t really like any of them, but I did get one of the “pathfinder” range which I really like. It’s slightly less robust than gshocks, but is still waterproof etc and has compass, thermometer and altimeter features. It’s solar too… Peach!

donsimon
    Free Member

They really, really do look a bit crap. No, seriously, they do.

Which makes me more content with my decision to buy one.

ski
    Free Member

Replace my old G-Shock recently that was 25+ years old, with a retro looking updated version.

Will see me out:

mieszko
    Free Member

This is mine. My favorite watch, don’t have all those extra dials and is not huge like some G-shocks. Has all the usual functions You will find on most Casio watches plus auto illumination. Tilt the watch when on Your wrist and it will light up th dial. AWSUM.

Good wide strap, that is curved and very comfy on the wrist, solid metal buckle not like on cheaper plastic watches. Money well spent.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I like that. What’s the model?

kcr
    Free Member

M5600 – tough as old boots, solar battery charging, atomic clock sync for maximum accuracy. Fit and forget.

mieszko
    Free Member

Fourbanger, it’s a G-056B, still can get them on eBay. My only concern is that when the strap will go (but it won’t happen anywhere in the near future as it seems bombproof) then it might be problematic to find a replacement as it’s not a normal strap it’s integrated with the watch frame or whatever it’s called, basically the dial is an insert in the strap thingy.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Big watch

I think this is a nice one, huge though.

grantway
    Free Member

Joolsburger That is a Land Mine! Bloody ugly

joolsburger
    Free Member

As Benny Hill famously said – I like em, big.

figroolman
    Free Member

had one of those g shock watches till i fell off now got a decathlon special cant fault it
    🙂

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Had one of these for freakin years. Some times I wish it’d break.

colournoise

Until last Autumn I hadn’t worn a watch for years, but had got fed up with digging around for my phone to find the time.

Wanted something tough, chunky (I just like that look in a watch) and waterproof. Ended up with one of these for about 85 quid IIRC.

It IS pretty big though, so might not be to everyone’s taste.

slainte 8) rob

CountZero

I’ve got a replica B&R BR01-92, which is nice and clear face wise, but those replicas are nowhere near as tough as a G-Shock, and certainly not waterproof, or even really water resistant. If a G-Shock came out with just batons and hour markers, a sweep second and a small date window I’d buy it in an instant.

chewkw
    Free Member

Haven’t got a digital watch for years. That retro looking M5600 looks good so might get one myself. The black colour one looks even better.

A slightly more expensive option is this Casio Protrek Watch PRW-1300Y-1VER as I want the compass and the thermometer.

ski
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Haven’t got a digital watch for years. That retro looking M5600 looks good so might get one myself. The black colour one looks even better.

There is an online guide to converting a standard screen to a negative screen 😉

Link here:

http://mygshock.com/wiki/How_to_convert_a_plain_DW-5600_LCD_to_a_negative_display

chewkw
    Free Member

Wow did not know the LCD can be hacked.

I like the cheaper version of W-5600 but I prefer the strap of the expensive black version. 🙂

sc-xc

I have this one. It tells me when my eggs are ready, and nothing else.

Suggsey
    Free Member

http://www.nitewatches.co.uk/shop/mx10/MX10-201GS

I had it initially with the rubber strap but as I wear it daily I upgraded to the matching gumetal strap. (I have to admit that I do not wear it for off road MTB’ing, I wear my good old……Gshock, 18 years old second battery and a bit of moisture trapped in it but not dead yet, just unreadable on a winters night ride 😆
    Should also add that I got the Nite watch for £85!!

monkeychild
    Free Member
    chojin
    Free Member

Amazon are doing 10 quid off at the moment when you put in the code summer11, I *may* have just ordered one of these
    😳

cheez0
    Free Member

I got this’un.

Its donkeys years old, but solid, even after a coupla pissed up tumbles has bent one o the bar screen protector thingys.

Oh, and its got that flashy red n black swapping display going on too!

cheez0
    Free Member

btw, avoid the casio that is favoured by bomb-makers of the world..

unless you like being ‘frisked’ by customs, that is!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘G Shock watches’ is closed to new replies.