Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • G-Shock watches.
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I went for this ProTrek which has a digital compass, barometer and alitimeter. It has all the usual features too including stopwatch and alarm and also has the autolight function. Solar powered and tough.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s chuffing huge!

xiphon
    Free Member

had mine for 15 years, never skipped a beat.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

derek_starship
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    That’s chuffing huge!

That image is not to scale 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

That image is not to scale

Aaah! Right.

jon1973
    Free Member

roper
    Free Member

Ah a NATO banana

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

15 years and 2 batteries.
    Was my biking watch until it ran out of battery 2 or 3 years ago

It’s the MRG 130T. A nice Titanium number. Going to have to get it sorted and start wearing it again.

godzilla
    Free Member

stevenieve – how practical is your white 110? i REALY want one but i worry it will look grubby fast, is it as big as it looks?

CountZero

I like the rugged idea of G-Shocks, but it’s all the supplementary garbage that they’ve got stuck on them. I want a watch I can just tell the time with the merest glance; I don’t want to have to stare at the bloody thing for five minutes to work out what the actual time is. I grew out of multidial watches in my twenties, most of those look like the sort of thing a fifteen year old would find kewl. A G-Shock with the face of a Bell&Ross would be my ideal.

donsimon
    Free Member

More suited to your taste, sir?

http://www.nitewatches.co.uk/

CountZero

I very much like the Nite watches, I have an MWC G10 which I like the style of, but it’s not very robust, and it’s certainly not in any way water resistant. I cannot afford anything as fancy as a Nite watch, but a G-Shock with a plain face, no extra dials, digital read-outs or any of that crap, just large, clear markers and hands and radio time setting, for somewhere around £80 would be perfect. But there’s no such thing. The nearest one still has three extra supplementary dials and is £400! Sod that for a game of soldiers.
    [edit] That MT-G above ^^ is close, but still much too fancy. Any of the other stuff I can do with my phone, I don’t need it on a watch. I just want it to tell me the time accurately and not fall apart if I belt it on machinery or scenery. And not cost an arm and a leg. Is that too much to ask? [/edit]

CountZero

It’s this type of face design I love, very clear and easy to read at a glance when riding, but in a plain black G-Shock case like a couple on the previous page. Something like that for less than a ton would be my perfect watch.
    One day, perhaps…

mikertroid
    Free Member

This is a fave of mine. Mines on an animal strap though:

Citizen Tough

Very hard to get I think now and I’m not ever intending to sell!

donsimon
    Free Member

Decision made, I’m going for this one.

From here http://www.dvdbarato.net/
    🙂

rockhopperbike

my current fleet, but it’s the 50GBP casio diver that get worn most

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Nice choice Don 🙂

NikNak7890
    Free Member
    Zedsdead
    Free Member

I have one of these

It’s been all around the world with me and is still a firm favourite.

I also have a nite mx50

I really like it too but seem to always wear the Casio? I’d like a black Casio like above but with a metal strap – they all seem to be rubber….

Mark_K

Good choice don simon, I got mine a few weeks ago and I’m really happy with it !

Jase
    Free Member

You can use your Teacso clubcard vouchers to buy one from Goldsmiths 🙂

Duke
    Free Member

I lost an original G-shock off East Runton surfing in 2001 and left a blue ripcurl tide watch in a YHA in the Lakes in 2002.

Any one sees them give us a shout.

Wife says I’m not allowed nice things. 🙁

Mark_K

Opp’s picture didn’t come out?

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Mine arrived today, and very sexy it is too! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice one… How easy is the radio controlled time bit to set up?

househusband

Mark K – which model is that?

rockhopperbike

\

Hi Don,

if your anywhere near me (Zaragoza) then the radio won’t work- need to be nearer the pireneos

let me know how the delivery of yours goes- fancy one myself

NikNak7890
    Free Member

househusband – Member

Mark K – which model is that?

Looks the same as mine – AWG-101

Mark_K

It is indeed a AWG 101 AER! I paid full whack for it £120 but can be had for under a ton! I’ve not played with the setting ect that was done in the shop lol. I just see it in the window as i was walking past and figured I hadn’t had a boll##ing from the wife for at least two weeks so I bought it ….. 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘G-Shock watches.’ is closed to new replies.