Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • funny folding bike vid
  • rootes1

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G62gRmdIBY0[/video]

a bell ding with every trip

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Guess that activity is not warrantied?

I suppose they must lock the rear triangles as I thought they dangled freely on bromptons?

rewski
    Free Member

Guess that activity is not warrantied?

You don’t seriously think they bought those bikes?

rootes1

I suppose they must lock the rear triangles as I thought they dangled freely on bromptons?

on more recent B’s you can choose locked or free by spinning the suspension bung…

locked doe make hopping of kerbs easier

emanuel
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llD3g2EueWI[/video]
    this one’s more touchy feely..
    Upgraded the cranks to alfine and the handlebars to some 720mm ones,stock ones always felt like they were about to bend..feels mental now.brakes are still crap.but I’ve caned it so hard..plus it feels pretty good loaded.really loaded.and the gf sitting on the toptube.and going down a biggish hill..need to make a cushion/seat for her.but she’s not too keen on trying again.

nickjb
    Free Member

At 1:40 he starts the run by hopping and unfolding the suspension so it isn’t locked there.

emanuel
    Free Member

when it’s locked you open it by pressing a catch.
    You can open it by lifting it up and swinging the back wheel up,so it locks.
    it’s only locked open,not shut.its the seatpost that locks it shut.

complicated things, bromptons..

can’t do 2:55 with wide bars though.

kaiser
    Free Member

Emanuel …was the alfine upgrade DIY and relatively easy?
    Also ..with the wide bars does it fold OK ? A piccy would be great
    thanks
    Bill

emanuel
    Free Member

Bill,
    the rear spacing is 115 I think,so you’d have to spread the rear triangle for an alfine hub.
    advantage of the alfine is that having a disc mount, with some superglue and a spoon and you could have a disc brake on the back..

I used the alfine crankset,it was on offer at crc,and already had a bashguard,and the right size chainring.
    the brompton shop told me I’d need a special bb,with spacers to get a good chainline,that’s what they do on the ones they fit.
    the chainline seems only 1mm off so it’s not a problem.

the highest bars with a 25.4 clamp were the ns chemical bars with 3″ rise.
    the m bars are 6″ rise so its a bit lower than the s-bar version now.there’s some electra bars with 4″ rise but were double the price.

the fold is fine.as they’re lower,they end up farther up when folded.so its the same size folded.

bars and cranks make it feel much stiffer and stable.
    really do recommend it.

best thing for the brakes I found was to use v brake pads,instead of road ones.that helped a lot,as did shimano flat bar levers and fitting noodles to improve the routing.
    and those mks ezy pedals.stock are crap.

hope this helps.

I’ll post a pic later if possible.

kaiser
    Free Member

If you wanted really high rise then a bmx bar with a shim would work
    but then ..as you mention , if it were wide also it would cause folding issues ( at least if you wanted the bike to stand upright after folding ). Think I bought some of those ezy pedals way back but didn’t use much , can’t remember why but plastic safety collars come to mind. I now just use a better quality metal pedal on the non folding side.
    having viewed the above vids I’m amazed they don’t collapse under such antics !!!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is this a funny video of a folding bike, or a video of a funny folding bike??

emanuel
    Free Member

kaiser,
    I wanted to lower the bars without buying a new stem.
    the 4″ 640mm bars would have prob been better,but its difficult to go back to narrower bars after having tried wide ones.might cut the 720s to something sensible.like 710.
    besides,
    how would you get the bmx bars into the brommie stem?its wraparound.not removable faceplate.you’d need to cut something.then weld it.

plus its heavy enough as it is,those bars are pretty heavy,the ns ones are about 300g.
    best thing about wider bars is putting the brake levers inboard,so you get more leverage and one finger braking.

rode it into work today.its great,but small wheels feel so draggy.100psi.so its not that.might try kojaks.

rootes1

the highest bars with a 25.4 clamp were the ns chemical bars with 3″ rise

got these on an S stem + proper brake levers (ignore odd pedals)

bars and cranks make it feel much stiffer and stable.
    really do recommend it

def, especially if you have the older brompton cranks with hollow backs… this was nearly a serious accident on my old B

fitted this crank for Lejog (manual shift) def stiffer than std

they are much faster than marathons and grip is ace, though they wear fast and they lower the gearing..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘funny folding bike vid’ is closed to new replies.