• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by julzm.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • #fullenduro – what goggles?
  • jam-bo

It was so filthy out there today I dug out my old o-frames and rocked the full enduro look. I was surprised at how well it worked.

They are knackered though and more importantly don’t match my helmet.

So what are all the cool kids using or shall I just buy a new pair of o-frames.

Tracey

O frames for me. Just pop the winter lense out and put in a clear one

matt_outandabout

Mis-match seems to be in for the cool kids in oab_household…

oldtennisshoes

Aye – mismatched o frames are the order of the day.

jam-bo

Well if we are posting pics.

Strap is knackered, the elastic has perished and my homebrew vented lenses works but is scruffy as.

singlespeedstu

Oakley Airbrake’s for me.
    If your going to look stupid you may as well look full on stupid.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have two sets of 100% Goggles. They are nice

chakaping
    Free Member

Scott goggles are good, think I have the Recoil vented model.

Me going almost fullenduro earlier this year (just need a bumbag, but I got one for Xmas)…

greigb
    Free Member

Oakley, Smith, Scott, pick an MX goggle with antifog in your budget. Hard to go wrong with the big names, which is no bad thing.

Only one I’d avoid would be Dragon due to personal experience of ridiculous fogging issues, but this was probably 10+ years ago now.

steel4real
    Free Member

Had O frames for years but got fed up with the misting/fogging and changed to ‘Proven’ model. Very little misting/fogging as has a bigger volume over the face and still fits with all my helmets.

twistedpencil

Smith Squad for the win, no fogging down the megavalanche course 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

Got a pair of Melon goggles, love em! Don’t fog up, just have to remember to take a cloth of some sort to clear them away after each section or once I get to the top of the climbs.

Northwind

Ancient O frames for me, they just work- I got the double glazed #enduro lens they put out a few years ago that they seem to have stopped selling, for better anti-steaminess, they’ve been awesome. TBH I don’t really like goggles for general riding but sometimes I get dry eyes with my contacts so they’re good for that, the rest of the time I trust in clear glasses and a mudguard

And a pair of 100%s with a roll-off, which I got for dirt cheap in a sale, literally worn them once for a really dirty race.

VanHalen

I’ve o frames and some 100% ones and much prefer the o frames despite them being old and falling apart. I had to cut the padding on the 100%s around my nose as it was stopping me breathing through my nose.

jam-bo

Anyone tried the giro tazz or tempo’s

TheBrick
    Free Member

Screw fix. Full ghetto.

nairnster
    Free Member

100% Accuri Enduro

gt900uk
    Free Member

I think the manufacturers are missing a trick by not producing something more slimline for use with open face helmets. I find my 100% googles also really pinch my nose. It seems to be possible to get mud behind most style glasses so googles were good but just seem overly bulky.

ade9933
    Free Member

Just ordered some smith squad mtb’s. My O’s pressed down on my nose with my A1 open face lid.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Scott Hustle and 100% Racecraft here and they are mint. Racecraft seem to have a better fit on the open face.

jam-bo

Bought some giro tempo’s, decent price and most importantly the green matches my helmet.

julzm
    Free Member

Smith Squad. Don’t fog up cos open vented and dont press on your nose. Feels like you aren’t wearing them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘#fullenduro – what goggles?’ is closed to new replies.