Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Full sus or Hardcore Hardtail
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hello,

I’ve just sorted out a lightweight Anthem for racing, and am looking at what to do for trail centre and epic rides…

What would you chaps suggest, a 5/6 inch travel full sus or a 5/6 inch hardcore hardtail… maybe a 456 carbon frame or something a bit similar?

Cheers

Ricks

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’d got hardcore hardtail if you already have a full sus. Then you have one bike which you will be less worried about in the mud.

The Anthem is reckoned to ride rough stuff as well as a lot of 5″ bikes too, so better to go for something really different, rather than two relatively similar bikes.

Shackleton

If the anthem is as capable as claimed why not get a pair of 120mm forks, shorter stem, wider bars, and a burlier wheelset? May sound a faff but it is loads cheaper and would only take 30 minutes to swap over (from experience).

Northwind

Is it an anthem or an anthem x? And how lightweight? If it’s an X with durable kit they’re brilliant trail centry bikes.

rickon
    Free Member

It’s a pretty light X series, I did think about the 120 forks… but thought it wouldn’t make enough of a difference to make it a proper awesome trail bike.

Would be interested if anyone has 120’s on theirs to know what difference it makes with the slacker angles and plusher travel…

LoCo
    Free Member

6″ full suss! 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Session 88? 😉

Maybe a bit too big for me, I’m a proper weedy XC rider.

chakaping
    Free Member

What Loco said. A light-ish 6in FS is so much fun!

LoCo
    Free Member

Something you can fit a Dueler on! You can come and play when I get the new bike.
    Might stand a chance of keeping up downhill 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Might stand a chance of keeping up downhill

I doubt that. Even something with dual crown forks!

Light 6″ full sus,…. which one then?

LoCo
    Free Member

Spicy, Alpine 160?

rickon
    Free Member

mmm… alpine would be awesome. Although 160 really is pushing it for my riding, 140/150 is probably max…

LoCo
    Free Member

Saracen Ariel? Cheap as chips! 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Also Fritzz, Enduro, Remedy (from when they had bigger forks)?

Maybe even a Reign to match yr Anthem.

Bregante

Heckler!

coogan
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine or Turner 5 Spot. Best two bikes I’ve had/got/in boxroom etc etc.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Get a nice long and slack FS. Maybe not entirely suitable for the uk but bloody fun. You have your Anthem as a sensible bike so get something silly. My problem is my silly bike is my only bike. Its hard work getting up the hills but well worth it on the way back down.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Full sus or Hardcore Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.