Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Full Sus on Bike to Work Scheme – Options?
  • gusman2x
    Free Member

As far as I can see, I could get a bike up to the value of £1000 on a bike to work scheme (employer permitting). Hadn’t really thought of it before, so unsure of my options for bikes.

Was in my lbs today, and they were recommending the Lapierre Raid FX+ On paper looks like good value for money, and is certainly going to be a big step up form my ’94 clockwork, so although it’s quite low entry, it’ll be like the starship enterprise to me.

Are there any other full sus bikes retail for around £1000. I assume they need to come from a shop too for me to be able to BTW it, and not from a direct seller company like YT?

andy3809
    Free Member

A mate got a giant stance on our bike to work scheme. Looked fine to me and certain ly rode well.

Get it from buy a bike

peterich
    Free Member

Hi depending on the scheme you’re employer uses, Evans cycles let you use the voucher against sale bikes
    Makes for a big bargain

chamley
    Free Member

I did exactly this and got a norco fluid from Evans. Properly fun bike for the money. I spent last year on a loaned yeti 575 and I prefer the norco

ticsmon

A lot of shops will let you put your own money to it as well. I got a mondraker foxy xr in the Evans sale. £1000 from employer and put another £1200 to it myself.

duncs
    Free Member

If your friendly with your lbs they’ll let you use it as part payment , I bought an orange segment frame with mine and built my own bike up

Bucko

My CTWS is up to £2500. I just can’t afford to pay that back over 12 months. My mate just got a Spesh Enduro, another got a Trance 2 last year. I wish I was younger and still with the rents!

gusman2x
    Free Member

So, Lapierre Raid FX+ and the Bossnut appear to be the front runners.

Anyone got any ideas on if there’s much in either? Seems on paper at least that the Bossnut has it at the post based on the kit. Any hidden knowledge, like does one take a dropper and the other doesn’t etc?

bombjack
    Free Member

I was looking at the Raid FX+ and if I was going to go for a full sus on C2W this was top of my list. Winstanleys lets you buy / rent / hire (delete as seen applicable to the scheme 😉 )from their sale range too.

woodster

The Bossnut gets rave reviews and the spec is significantly better than the Lapierre with a much better fork with 15mm axle and a better shock as well as significantly better wheels and tyres. Both will happily take a dropper.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

The Bossnut definitely if not a Giant Stance. The fork on that Lapierre is gash.
    Have a Giant Stance lovely bit of kit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Full Sus on Bike to Work Scheme – Options?’ is closed to new replies.