Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Full sus frames with 100ISHmm travel
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I once had a trance with 100mm travel and 140mm pikes on – was lovely. Still hankering after such a bike.
    What 100/10mm frames are there that are light yet strong? NOT BOUTIQUE

thepodge
    Free Member

dunno if its your bag but i’m getting rid of a brand new Marin Mt Vision Pro frame. its the old single pivot style but it got replaced on warranty so the frame I have is untouched. I even have the receipts so in theory you could claim on warranty should anything ever go wrong.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not really cheers. Thing trance style, or meta 4

druidh
    Free Member

New Super 4 will be 100mm at the back/120mm at the front. Is that enough?

shortbaldone
    Free Member

what size is the marin and what year?

thepodge
    Free Member

17.5 frame. dunno the year, like I say its a warranty replacement. if you mail me I can drop you some pics

julianwilson
    Free Member

sponging-machine had a 140mm fork on his trance too and he loved it.

i have pikes on my 125mm scott genius. Dunno what the frame weighs but whole bike (2005) was 29lb with pretty low end kit when i bought it. It is far more fun to ride with a bigger fork on and even climbs pretty well with the front at 140mm. Pivots are as easy as anything else to service/replace, only you are tied to Scott to get the shock serviced. I have ridden mine fairly foolishly since 2005 and it has been fine, only on 2nd set of pivot bearings.
    And people can’t seem to shift them whenever they come up on classifieds so you might be able to get one cheeeeeeeeeap.

I have heard of people building and riding giant nrs’s in fairly warranty-busting ways (ie longer fork and 20-30% sag) and having much fun/little problems. There was one year where the chainstays snapped a lot but i’m sure that is easily researchable to avoid those ones.

Si
    Free Member

Meta 4x
    Hemlock

erm…

Old Spesh SX

racing_ralph
    Free Member

meta 4x would be ace. Hemlock is too much, would have to be financed by selling the prophet frame – so £500 ish

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bump

jfeb
    Free Member

Might count as boutique and hard to find now (might have to be 2nd hand) but Santa Cruz Blur 4X

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Blur 4x would be ace

GaryLake
    Free Member

ST4 110mm rear, 120mm front

Seriously smitten with this bike, I need to get back on my Five and try and fall in love with it again before I do something stupid!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

would it take 140mm forks

chakaping
    Free Member

Just get another Trance!

I was out on mine (’08 model w/lighter frame and 120mm maxle Reba) yesterday and loving it as much as ever.

It’s like a short-travel version of a long-travel bike, if that makes sense.

GaryLake
    Free Member

130mm max on the ST4 :-/
    Does it have to be 140mm (i.e an existing fork?) An ST4 on Maxle Rebas would be immense! I found I was going so dam fast half the time that it was just skipping straight over the nasties! (And that was on the 9mm Recons)

(I did miss the 140mm at the 75km mark of my test ride on it when I was proper ****)

mk1fan
    Free Member

Trance X?
    Anthem X?

rolfharris
    Free Member

I’ve been temtped to wang 140s on the Anthem, but I’ll be honest I don’t think it could hack it Rob.

Super 4 or even s/h Meta 4 would be what you need, but will it really be that much better than the prophet?

ransos
    Free Member

I used to have an NRS with 100mm fork, and now have a Trance with 130mm fork. In both cases, a longer fork transformed the ride. I was wondering about trying the same with an Anthem-X but will probably get a Trance-X instead.

tinsy
    Free Member

Orange Blood?

I had an 04 stumpjumper with 120mm forks I think it rode nicer like that than my later stump 120 with 120 both ends.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been temtped to wang 140s on the Anthem

Nooooo!

rolfharris
    Free Member

It’s an Anthem X Chakaping, but still, I think it’d just rip the headtube off if you rode it like that all the time.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Full sus frames with 100ISHmm travel’ is closed to new replies.