Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Full sus bargains
  • duckman

Can the hive point me in the direction of anything just now before I buy a 27.5 trance from Paul’s? Budget up about 1400. Ta.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Have you seen the cannondale trigger thread?? They seem to be going down a storm

duckman

Yup,none left in large.

jonnyrockymountain

I have a mint condition (350 miles strava) custom built size 18″ 2015 650b giant anthem built to very high quality spec ie 120mm sids, American Classic wide lightening wheels, full 2×10 XT drivetrain XT brakes, Thomson carbon bars, stem and seat post, cost over 3k to build, looking for around £1500, if of interest email me at jonathantraverse@hotmail.co.uk

duckman

Too small for me I am 6″ 2″, and this sounds daft,but I have never been the first owner of a bike in my life and quite fancy it!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve Al,or perhaps one of the new Boardman’s.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Virus bikes on CRC.

funkrodent

Have a gander at the Vitus Escarpe on Chain Reaction. I bought its big brother the Sommet back end of last year. Superb bike, rides pretty much as good as anything I’ve had in the past (5.Spot, Flux, Norco Sight). Was genuinely surprised at how good it is. Great spec for the money as well and good middle ground between short and chuckable and ridiculously long and stretched out

EDIT – actually, given how well it climbs, descends and everything in between, I’d recommend the Sommet. Great piece of kit

cb

The Jekyl 4 is in stock at Pauls in your size.

chakaping
    Free Member

You’d probably want XL in a lot of bikes – including the Trance or Cannondales.

It wouldn’t be STW unless somebody suggested blowing the budget…
    https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/spectral/spectral-al-5-0.html

Sizing much better on these, spec looks good too.

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

OK here’s a possible option for you…
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/74916/Kona_Process_134_275Inch_2015_Bike_B15134PRSM

They have large but it will be as long or longer than most brands’ XL and if it’s anything like the 111 it’ll be a corker.

You could put the savings toward a fork upgrade at some point.

duckman

Chapaking,that is the winner. Thanks all.

chakaping
    Free Member

Chapaking,that is the winner. Thanks all.

*Thumbs up*

I really like my Process 111, I’m sure that’s gonna be an amazing bike too.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Thought the process was HEAVY when I had a heft of it. Good price though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Evans have some deals on Norco Sight carbon models. I bought one myself, am quite pleased with it so far.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m 6’4” and bought an XL trigger. I’ve a friend who also bought one but he’s about 6’2” and went for a large. The difference between them is huge. I felt like I was riding a bmx when trying his as my knees were almost hitting my chest. As well as being a smaller frame it was specced with flat bars with quite a backsweep that shortened the reach a lot. He’s really happy with it as he’s always ridden short bikes and enjoyed them but we were both amazed how big the difference is.

Whatever you buy it’s probably worth at least having a sit on one first if you can.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thought the process was HEAVY when I had a heft of it. Good price though.

The frames are solid and the bikes will never be lightweights, but the stiffness and the geometry more than make up for it.

Euro
    Free Member

I’m 6’4” and bought an XL trigger. I’ve a friend who also bought one but he’s about 6’2” and went for a large. The difference between them is huge. I felt like I was riding a bmx when trying his as my knees were almost hitting my chest.

Weirdly, my mate just got a medium and i found it spot on size wise for standing up riding. I’m 6’5″. Doubt it would have fitted if i sat down mind you, but i only sit for the upzzz.

Nice bike all the same though the complicated rear shock seems a bit OTT.

duckman

The thing that put me off the trigger was having a genius all those years ago…

gonzy
    Free Member

people seem to be raving about the Calibre Bossnut at the moment.

daveoftheshire
    Free Member

Hi, I’m 6’3 and have just changed to a Bossnut, great equipment for the price. So far I’ve pulled the tubes out and gone tubeless, fitted a dropper post (frame has cable clamps already in place). Next upgrade will be rear shock in time.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Full sus bargains’ is closed to new replies.