Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Full squisher hire around Derry, NI
  • SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Anyone know of bike hire in or near Derry?

Over with thh outlaws at Xmas and looking at maybe getting a day out in Rostrevor on the red and the black trails but need to hire a bike. It looks like there’s a shop that has some bikes with a bit of travel about about 30 miles away from the trail centre but as I’m staying in Derry it would be easier to pick up something locally and stick it in the car.

Euro
    Free Member

You can hire a hardtail from here in the carpark at Rostrevor. Really handy. I think a saw a some NP megas too, but i’d check with them first as it’s not on the website.

The xc loop would be fine on a HT. A bit rough on some of the blacks in places, but otherwise spot on.

A couple of tips. Don’t think getting the single uplift is cheating. THere’s a good hour of a climb after you get dropped off and you miss out a very unenjoyable road climb. And unless you’re a big, big 29er fan i’d stick to 26 for RT. There’s a fair bit of high speed tree dodging to be done 😀

Let us know what you think of it?

p.s. If you’re into photography, there’s some mighty fine vistas.

p.p.s – if you do get a bike from Derry, you must visit Davagh.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Thanks for the nod on the uplift I’ll bow down to your greater experience I think. It’s a toss up between Rostrevor and Davagh but if I get a pass I’d like to get both slotted in.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

http://www.outdoorconcepts.co.uk/calendar/index.php?amonth=8-2013

These guys hire full-sussers at Davagh but you might be able to work something out with them for Trevor too. Ive only ever seen basic hardtails at the official spot in Rostrevor.

donncha

Lots of useful info here:
    http://www.mountainbikeni.com/
    If you select a particular trail you can find nearby bike hire.
    I agree with Euro; if riding Rostrevor take the camera & up-lift option if you want to cut out an early fire road climb.

adsh
    Free Member

Would that be Londonderry?

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

“Would that be Londonderry?” 🙄

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Right emails have been sent so thanks for the input and will see what gives, if anyone else wants a nice chilly ride over Xmas let me know!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Full squisher hire around Derry, NI’ is closed to new replies.