• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Full Moon, No Lights
  • manvstarmac

Just back from a ride on Salisbury Plain with no lights, just using the light from the full moon. Different and great fun. Highly recommended.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Odd…! When I read the title, I was opening it ready to post about how much I used to enjoy doing this on the Plain! Whereabouts did you head?

Used to live at Nethers, so would head out towards Sidbury, Upavon, Bulford etc.

manvstarmac

Out from Ludgershall over Windmill Hill to Sidbury Hill and back close to Tidworth and Perham. Only nine miles or so, but great.

nickjb
    Free Member

Nice isn’t it? I used to also enjoy night diving just by moonlight. Really eerie.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I find it best time to hunt cattle also.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah, we switched our lights off last night for a few sections – great

Moon was particularly bright

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Yep, riding by moonlight is great. Even better when there’s snow or frost on the ground.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A snow covered Rannoch Moor lit only by a full moon in the small is a beautiful drive. Apparently.

Pierre

I did this on last year’s Dunwich Dynamo – it was eerie but amazing, once my eyes adjusted!

christhetall
    Free Member

Did this recently across Houndkirk (Sheffield) – a route I know pretty well but quite rocky in places. Great fun, but I did find that it was very hard to tell the difference between a puddle and a rock!

DrP

sometimes you can flick the car lights off with a full moon…certain roads really reflect the light and I think you can ‘see better’…

Of course, once the wife starts screaming you HAVE to flick them on again…

DrP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Full Moon, No Lights’ is closed to new replies.