Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Full factory service of Pace Evo II forks, or new ?
  • twonks

Looking to re-build my 1999 ZaskarLe HT and bring some of it into the 21st century.

Have more or less sorted everything apart from the forks.

I have some RST XMO’s on it at the mo. They are quite light and feature Englund air cartridges as the main suspension. Was supposed to be a SID competitor in the day.

Also have some RC36 Evo II’s which were on it originally before moving onto a FS rig and now into redundancy.

After a long chat with Tim @ Fork English, he can give the Evos a work over and bring them up to scratch for around £90 including a new system to replace the air chamber.

My question is basically are they worth it ?

I can’t get a lot of new fork for £90 and don’t want too much travel and upset the geometry.

The RST’s are ok, but I do like the Pace looks.

I’m also looking to run a 180mm Shimano hydraulic disk up front as well, and wonder if the Pace will handle this. (Used to run 180mm Hope Sport no problem)

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Speshpaul

Hi Basically yes,
    Tims conversion from air to coil works very well.
    A friend of mine had this conversion last year and after the 1st ride he was happy enough to say that the fork had never worked that well or felt as plush.
    And if thay have taken a 180 hope the shimano brake will be fine.

Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Full factory service of Pace Evo II forks, or new ?’ is closed to new replies.