Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Full face on Easyjet
  • thegman67

Going to Morzine in July from Edinburgh. Will I get any grief off Easyjet walking on with my full face and hand luggage,anybody had any expierance with this.

Northwind

Loads of people doing it when we flew out to Geneva (Easyjet from Edinburgh). Their Ts and Cs imply it counts as your only handluggage item though.

(I guess you could just wear it :mrgreen:)

Andy-R

I’ve carried a helmet(not FF, admittedly) a couple of times travelling with to Athens with EasyJet and had hand luggage too.
    I’ve never had any hassle.

BruceM
    Free Member

I think you will get grief yes, I’ve never tried but I took a flight yesterday with them, they made an announcement that they operated a strict policy of one peice of hand luggage per customer and were checking each peice to make sure they where the correct dimensions. In the past I have seen them get upset when women have a handbag and a little rolling suitcase.

st

Wear it?

andeh

Hand luggage is pretty generous. I took my 40l hiking pack and managed to fit my full face inside (by removing the peak).

You can pack things inside the helmet, inside the bag, so it doesn’t really take up that much room.

Furious

Easyjet last year for Morzine trip, attached chinstrap of full face to hand luggage (rucksack) and just walked on. They have a gauge for hand luggage size and the two easily fitted in.

clubber
    Free Member

I always carry my helmet (again though, not full face) as handluggage and have never had any comment from them. I guess if you maybe had a big hand luggage and a full facer, they may make a deal of it.

ads-b
    Free Member

Have taken my full face countless times plus a large bag that only just fitted in the baggage limit without the helmet. Also taken my ski helmet scores of times. Never once been stopped or a mention even by staff. If they did, I would just wear it like others have said.

hora
    Free Member

I said I’d wear mine on like a hat at the conveyor/checkin. They asked me to put it into the measuring device (didn’t fit) so they agreed that I could treat it like a hat! (I didn’t have to wear it whilst boarding).

unknown
    Free Member

As above, I’ve gone from Edinburgh with it clipped onto the outside of my bag no questions asked. You won’t be the only one on the flight with a helmet and it’s not worth their hassle to make you all pack it, although I think technically they could if they really wanted to.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Wear it and say it’s religious.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wear it and make Darth Vadar heavy breathing noises.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Where a white onesie and pretend to be the Stig.

bren2709

As others have said.
    Have down with slezyjet countless times and always attached my helmet to my Evoc backpac and never been pulled up for it. Have herd of others wearing the helmet when at check in and boarding without a problem. 😉

ndthornton
    Free Member

Its probably a good idea to wear a helmet when flying with easyjet.
    Pay peanuts – expect monkeys and all that.

Anyhow have a good trip 😉

Stranga
    Free Member

Flown from Edin to Geneva about 5 times now with a FF helmet and always just carried it on as well as my hand luggage, never been challenged or had any problems.

thegman67

Thanks guys for the advice

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Small Ikea bag, put your helmet and normal hand luggage in the Ikea bag = 1 piece of carry on.

Hoping this will work for me tomorrow anyway, I want to take 2 lids with me.

norcosix
    Free Member

The carry on luggage size has got even smaller. They made me put my carry on bag in the hold last week. The hold was free but it may be worth while wrapping the helmet just incase. They have a smaller on board carry on size as they now operate a promise for one piece of hand luggage to everyone in the overhead locker. This was the case in Edinburgh last week and I even watched them stop a female and make her force her handbag into her suitcase.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve flown easyjet from Gatwick to Geneva the last two years with a Full face helmet strapped to my bag and no-ones said a word. I think it helped that the bag I strapped it to wasn’t too big (it was my Camelback so fairly obvious I’d paid for a bag in the hold and wasn’t taking the P). That said however I was fully prepared to sit on a plane for a couple of hours wearing it if I had to!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you don’t have your “full face” they’ll probably struggle to tell it’s you when they check your passport.

Worth taking I’d say.

Stranga
    Free Member

Flown EJ from Edinburgh several times with hand luggage and FF and never had any problems.

funkrodent

You could always say that given Easyjet’s reputation your insurance company had insisted that you wear it throughout the flight :mrgreen:

Or is that Ryanair…?

Allegedly

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

As stated above – new policy for cabin luggage

http://www.easyjet.com/planning/cabin-baggage

Our cabin bag guarantee means you can make sure your bag travels with you in the cabin, even on the busiest flights.

To take advantage of the guarantee, simply bring ONE slightly smaller bag no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels and we’ll guarantee it will travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

never had a problem with them or any other airline

wwaswas

stuff it up the front of your jumper and just pretend your fat/pregnant?

funkrodent

On that note, I’m flying to Geneva with Ryanair at the end of August and will be taking a FF as well. Reckon that the chances of getting FF + bag on at the same time are smaller than nil (impossible I know, but we are dealing with Ryanair here). I could always lube it and put it where the sun don’t shine – which in fairness would offer excellent protection to the nether regions in the event of a crash – but that’s very much a last resort.

So as a partial thread highjack, has anyone got any experience of trying to do the same with the nice Mr O-Leary’s human air cargo outfit?

johnellison
    Free Member

Has it dawned on anyone that contacting EasyJet and getting their official line on it might be the best option???

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Has it dawned on anyone that contacting EasyJet and getting their official line on it might be the best option???

Someone’s quoted the official T&C’s up there, the question was more about how much discretion the boarding staff use with respect to helmets, clearly the T&C’s says no, but almost everyone seems to get a yes.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Full face on Easyjet’ is closed to new replies.