• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Full face – how should they fit?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Like your girlfriend or your wife? :0

OK, joking aside – how should they fit – snuggly or a bit loose?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Snuggly, pointless otherwise

Bushwacked
    Free Member

So if I'm inbetween sizes – go for smaller on the principle that it'll mould to my head (That's Mould not mold)

jedi

put it on and your cheeks should squash a bit

matthew_h
    Free Member

I would generally. The linings tend to relax slightly over time and the helmet gets a little looser.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cool…

br
    Free Member

If you are in-between sizes, try a different make.

They should be tight.

rs
    Free Member

my first one i was inbetween on the helmet i liked, chose the bigger one but it always felt too loose, ended up getting another one of a different make but it should feel almost uncomfortable in the shop, especially if you're not used to a full face.

GavinB

A bit of advice I was given was to try to shake your head with the helmet on without doing the strap up. The helmet should not rattle around on your head. If it stays put, then it's probably good. If you end up looking at the side of the helmet then its probably too large!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Just ordered one from Rutland Cycles. Should fit as I've gone for the size closest to my head size.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

#

GavinB – Member

A bit of advice I was given was to try to shake your head with the helmet on without doing the strap up. The helmet should not rattle around on your head. If it stays put, then it's probably good. If you end up looking at the side of the helmet then its probably too large!
    Posted 1 hour ago #

This is good advice also if the strap is done up and yo grab the back of the helmet and pull it forward with your head bent forward it should not come off or even come close to coming off.

Do not buy mail order – that is just stupid

rs
    Free Member

Do not buy mail order – that is just stupid

unless you've tried it on the lbs but can get it cheaper online 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

rs – bingo!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

RS -well thats just being a c**t then. What are you going to do when there are no LBS left?

Absolute shite for doing that. Why are LBS more expensive than online? 'cos they have overheads of premises and a shop. Want to use their facilities – pay for them.

rs
    Free Member

Its so easy 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Full face – how should they fit?’ is closed to new replies.