Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Full face helmet as hand luggage?
  • sjp1
    Free Member

Was wondering how everyone who takes a full face abroad carries it
    Usually take my normal trail lid and put it into hold bag between my undies and socks etc, but taking a full face for the first time and thinking of carrying it on the plane with me.
    Anyone had any problems doing this? Bit of an odd shape, not sure you could slip it in a rucksack.

m0rk
    Free Member

It’s a hat isn’t it if they query it?

mikey74
    Free Member

Yep, I always carry mine on as hand luggage, along with my main hand luggage, which is a cycling backpack.

I just carry it by chin guard.

Carpediem
    Free Member

I took a Skiing lid with me last winter – Fitted nicely upside down in the bottom of my day sack ( hand luggage )

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’ve carried one on as hand luggage in the past with no issues.

xcube
    Free Member

Can remember some friends who flew with them saying that a full face lid can be taken as extra carry on, as something to do with if it gets damaged in the hold there’s liability for the air company. This may be urban myth. But I can remember people coming back from morzine at Geneva airport with a rucksack, and their full face helmets.

tomhoward

I put mine in with the bike, under the down tube, in a helmet bag.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’s say just to be on the safew side – clip it to your bag and make sure it’s under the max dimensions for carry on luggage. You don’t have to leave them like that if the locker is full, but make sure it’s 1 piece when you check in and when you board

wiggles
    Free Member

Yes you can but only if the battery is fully charged 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never had an issue but a mate got pulled up in Hobart recently, just a jobsworth security guard really. I’ve done 10+ airports with mine with no issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Full face helmet as hand luggage?’ is closed to new replies.