Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • fujifilm x-t2
  • the_lecht_rocks

apologies, i’ve recently posted about the sony a6500, but research has led me to the fuji x-t2 and improved selection of quality lenses as well as other factors.
    i’d appreciate the forum thoughts..

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Panasonic lumix g7

kilauea13

Not got the X-T2, but had an X-E1 and like it so much I bought another one and now an X100t too. They are pricey in comparison to the competition but they are lovely cameras to use, and if you are not interested in faffing around with photoshop etc later on then the image quality is fantastic straight out of the camera. Lenses are expensive but very very good, even on the zooms. Never used the Panasonic or Sony but am very happy with Fujifilm.

the_lecht_rocks

the lens choice with fuji is established, fantastic quality and better priced than sony……

the_lecht_rocks

i’d have thought some of the STW staffers photo enthusiasts may have some thoughts ?
    chipps ?

robinmcc
    Free Member

I’ve had an xt-1 and now an X-pro2 and really enjoyed using both cameras. Selection of lenses available now are great, especially if you want you use primes. Quality of build of both are very good with the X-pro2 being a little better, as I’d imagine the X-t2’s would be. Jpegs SOOC are part of the reason I went with Fuji and they don’t disappoint. I also wanted a camera that had manual buttons / dials as well as aperture control on the lenses and the Fuji system ticked all the boxes.

the_lecht_rocks

robinmcc, totally agree on the layout and lenses. i originally thought the IBIS of the sony a6500 was important but the fuji prime lens choice and speed is unparalleled by sony.

Alphabet

I’ve got an XT-1 and am slowly selling all my Canon EOS gear and lenses. As has been said above, lovely cameras, lenses and image quality in a smaller than SLR package and cheaper than some alternatives.

Denis99
    Free Member

Another Fuji owner here.

Recently bought the X Pro 2, there was a promotion on at the time whereby if you bought a certain combination of body and prime lens , Fufi would include the 50mm F2 lens free.

I bought the Graphite body as it was on offer.

Since then I have the following primes, 16mm,23,35,90

Waiting for the free 50mm.

All the lens are very sharp, excellent build quality, tough to pick a favourite, but the 90mm is stunning.

As others have said, jpeg is excellent, sometimes just use the jpeg as the time making the raw file isn’t really worth it.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

In a nutshell, yes, buy it.

Fuji are making excellent cameras and first rate lenses theses days. Would quite happily part with my own cash for an XT-2.

Plenty of reviews and technical details online, so won’t go overboard on those.

FYI, if anyone wants one but is feeling a bit cash strapped, there are now plenty of second hand XT-1 cameras around for not a lot of cash. Look on places like mpb.com

GregMay
    Free Member

Full frame Sony and Leica here. But I can’t disagree with the XT-2, nice camera.

chipps

A little late, sorry.

Great cameras. I have an X-Pro2 and a bunch of lenses that I’ve used for magazine and personal stuff. Low light performance is amazing, I’m still working on action stuff, but in general it’s been great. The kit 18-55 or whatever it is lens is great.

Then get the 23mm f2, the new 50mm f2 and then your choice of the 14mm or the 80mm

the_lecht_rocks

i did indeed.
    i bought the xt-2, got the battery grip + 2 additional batteries free of charge !
    also got the 23mm f/2, 35mm f/2 and 50mm f/2 all WR buy 2 got one free !

off to maldives on thursday, scuba diving trip, will take it for some beach shots !

thanks for the advice lads, camera is a beauty to operate and interface is sublime.

Russell96

Battery grip is really handy as you can plug in the charger for that and charge the batteries while plugging a USB charger into the camera and charging the battery in that too.

Second vote for the 18-55mm 2.8-4 kit lens is a step above most other kit lenses for quality.

What does take some getting used to is the customisation available in continuous autofocus, 5 presets and one custom preset, it’ll take some time working out what works best for you. I tried preset 2 and a custom setting for an airshow on some acrobatic displays on Saturday and I’m currently working out which one got the most keepers, which takes some time at 11fps when you have the battery grip on.

kiwijohn

I got the XT1 with the 18-135mm 2 years ago & it’s a great lens for travelling light.
    I went otb & landed on it yesterday, no harm done. I use a Mindshift trail pack for riding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘fujifilm x-t2’ is closed to new replies.