Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Fry ups.
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Olive oil to fry is perfectly acceptable, but only if is it not extra virgin. The mild, cheap supermarket varieties are fine.

Having said that, I’d always reach for the vegetable oil first, and then slowly go up the taste scale. Might stop short of the sesame oil though!

Pigface
    Free Member

Got sent to Stoke for a weeks training a few years back, it was like being in food prison 🙁 the hotel was on some god awful trading estate in the middle of no where. Breakfast was a really well done buffet with eggs to order, only managed 2 days and I am a fat bastard. In the end we were skipping lunch as they just kept feeding us. I must of put a stone on that week 😳

tomhoward

when iam away on training courses we stay in premier inns and i always have the cooked brekkie but then iam not paying so would be rude not too 2/3 of everything

The trouble with that is (well, I found anyway) at the ones where you have to order what you want is that while you can have as much as you want/like/can stomach, you have to physically ask someone for it, rather than anonymously piling stuff on from a buffet. This gives me guilt, especially when they read my order back to me. I hate having guilt.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

i always have the cooked brekkie but then iam not paying so would be rude not too 2/3 of everything

Might explain the username

joolsburger
    Free Member

I could do a full English at the Hawksmoor everyday, I’d be dead in a year though.

benp1

Fry up first, then fruit and yoghurt if there’s room

I used to travel quite a bit, though usually no more than around a week at a time, full monty everyday

The only problem is in islamic countries like egypt, jordan and malaysia where they don’t have pork available so its chicken or beef bacon/sausages… just wrong

sandwicheater

When I was 16 I had a long/tough factory job over the summer holidays and had a fry up twice a day over the summer.

I think that was the start of me getting fat. Never been the same since.

slowoldman

Yes I had a summer job in a factory when I was at school. Daily fry ups included.

Years later working as a resident engineer on a project at a colliery (remember those?), I had breakfast every day in the pit canteen. Brilliant and I particularly liked the little cakes of yesterday’s mash potato fried up.

sparkyrhino

probably every working day for 12 years,used 5 different cafe’s had my own pint pot in each. 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Fry ups.’ is closed to new replies.