Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Frozen Dropper
  • fumanchu
    Free Member

I went out for a ride on my winter hardtail this morning. It was -7°c at the bottom. The dropper, an RSP Plummet (which has been faultless so far and somewhat of a bargain), had a frozen lever and the post wouldn’t stay down. Inelegant but functional use of a bungee chord saved the day, but I’m wondering if this is normal, a downside of mechanically operated droppers? My Reverb on the other bike has been fine in the cold. Seemed like the cable was sticking as it stayed loose and I couldn’t get it to tension when the post was down. Should I grease the cables or mechansim? Is there anything I can do? Tis is my first non-Reverb post.
    Your suggestions are appreciated in advance.
    Cheers

sprocker
    Free Member

My KS did the same at -10, poured tea on it which sorted it and got me going again.

davosaurusrex

Pump the lever 3 times, fully compress the post, hold it down for 10 seconds, close your eyes and wish to be a snowman, then just Let It Go!

That was awful, I’ll see myself out.

chiefgrooveguru

😀

martinhutch

Davosaurus wins! 🙂

That’s the way to Fixer Dropper.

jruk
    Free Member

Don’t let it hold you back any more…

Oh God, I used to be cool 😥

stevied
    Free Member

Winter is a good time to stay in and cuddle but put me in summer and I’ll be a…

Happy Dropper

molgrips
    Free Member

Cables can get moisture in and then freeze up. Happens to gears as well.

Keep them WD-40ed up in the winter.

sprocker
    Free Member

Had to pee on a frozen freehub once, that worked well

fumanchu
    Free Member

For the hard of thinking, how would one go about doing this? Removing the inner from the outer, giving it a slather and popping it back in?

shindiggy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t use anything to heavy, light grease/heavy oil on the cable. Oil the outers too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Frozen Dropper’ is closed to new replies.