Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Front wheel wash outs – easy solution
  • spooky_b329

I had a holiday that included a bit of skills tuition.

I think its been commented on briefly already, but what really made a difference for me was being taught to lean the bike right over into the corners, keep the body upright above the bike, and point your belly button (i.e torso) the way you want to go.

It has the effect of using the side knobs of the tyre much better, and when you start to slide out, because you are above the bike rather that leaning to the inside, you slide with the bike rather than it slipping away from you and dumping you on the trail.

I was taught this on one morning, a couple of days later I did my first (albeit minor) two wheel drift, it was unplanned, just a bit too much speed on a gently curving bit of track with gravel, but instead of the usual arse clenching moment followed by going wide and losing my line/going off the trail, the bike just walked sideways across the corner and I exited still on top of the bike 🙂

Its made me faster and more confident.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Slow in fast out

How long is your stem ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Mine is 60mm…

I’ve wondered about this as I use to run an 80mm and didn’t have as much of an issue. I’ve also recently knocked a degree off my head angle on the bike.

So theres every chanced I’ve totally cocked up the handling of my bike…

tracknicko
    Free Member

you do not need a supertacky minion dhf to go round corners on an xc ride.

bit more weight on the front, bit more practice. try to relax too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

So theres every chanced I’ve totally cocked up the handling of my bike…

very en vogue right now though…

muddyground
    Free Member

Petrol stations have service contracts to keep their kit accurate

Only the petrol pumps. Anything else will be hit and miss, with the emphasis being on miss.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Front wheel wash outs – easy solution’ is closed to new replies.