Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • front wheel twisitng in forks when doing up q/r
  • renton
    Free Member

Ah it seems all my problems today are fork realted!!

i had another problem last night with my front brake disc dragging on the caliper.

I took the wheel out and checked thast nothing is loose(which it isnt!)

so i put the whel back in and beofre i did the q/r up gave the wheel a spin and made sure it was running ok.

Then as i did the q/r up you can see the wheel twisting in the dropouts and making the disc rub on the caliper again??

I tried hold ing the wheel in place whilst a mate did the q/r up but couldnt stop it moving??

forks are revelations and front wheel is a mavic crossride with shimano skewer?

any ideas on this one then?

cheers

steve

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if the fork lowers aren’t perfectly aligned then i guess the dropout could twist the lowers a bit, sounds unlikely though. maybe you just need to re align the caliper with the wheel done up or face the mounts if it’s an IS mount

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

or possibly a twisted crown, which would be scary

Anthony
    Free Member

Provided nothing as actually damaged (drop in to decent LBS who have tools to check things like this if yor concerned) then just realign the caliper when the qr is tightened. I know a few of my forks slightly settle themselves when the pressure of the QR pulls everything tight, perfectly normal unless it’s an excessive amount.

Does the rim/tyre look straight and centred in the crown when the qr is done up?

Ogg

Is it the spring on the QR getting in the way of the dropout?
    I had this problem with pretty much the same setup as you – and it went away if I took the QR spring off.

renton
    Free Member

the wheel looks pretty central to be honest!!

ogg will give that a go later and see if it helps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘front wheel twisitng in forks when doing up q/r’ is closed to new replies.