Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • front wheel alignment problem
  • crispy1980
    Free Member

I have just replaced the forks on my gt with some manitou minute. However, the front wheel Is sitting off centre. It’s only a fraction but it’s causing the disc to run very close to the caliper / mount. If any tiny bit of grit gets in it rubs against it. I’ve made sure that the wheel is seating in the drop outs. If I raise on side of the wheel slightly and clamp the quick release it runs in the middle and doesn’t catch. Is it possible that there is some wear on the brake side dropout that’s causing this,? If so, any solutions?

alaric

More likely you need to re-align the caliper.

Post or IS mount? (do the mounting bolts screw into the caliper or the fork?).

crispy1980
    Free Member

Pm caliper, I’ve tried realigning but the clearance is very tithe. On my other bike the disc clears the leg by a couple of mm. On this it’s closer to 1mm clearance. The forks are narrower than my others though. I’ll post a pic up

thejesmonddingo

What axle you got on the wheel?

crispy1980
    Free Member

It’s a standard 9 mm qr.

crispy1980
    Free Member

Been down to the shed again. I had to use q mismatch of adaptors and bolts to fit brakes and one of the bolts was from an avid and as such has an alignment washer. Thus was preventing the caliper moving across enough. Sorted this and there’s now more clearance. Also fiddled with the at and lessened the miss alignmenta bit. RResult us wheel is still off centre, but bike is running fine. I’ll have to assume that the forks or dropouts are bent/ worn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘front wheel alignment problem’ is closed to new replies.