Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • front tyre time on Soul
  • iainc

I have used Purgatory’s front and rear on my Soul for past couple of years and recently replaced the back with another the same. Front is next on list and wondering how swopping to a butcher would change it – better or worse ?

I am very happy with the Purgs…

Mainly west of Scotland natural stuff, hilly, rocky, lot of ups as well as downs. Also used all winter in gloop and mud that the local trails become.

I have an Anthem with Nobby Nic’s for summer and big days/trail centres 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I swapped a Purgatory for a Butcher last year and much prefer it. There’ll be better tyres for winter but I’m lazy and leave it on all year.

iainc

cheers. I’m not much of a tyre swopper, so what is on stays on till it’s done. Just a little worried that the Butcher will be slower and draggy on climbs etc

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I only like purgs on the rear, as they don’t like wet grass and aren’t very good when you get the bike leaned over either. I don’t mind that on the back, but not the front.

iainc

^^^^ you must have had them on the front that time at Fairlie Moor the other year then 🙂

fathomer

I use Butcher/Purgatory combination on my Soul after having Purgatory’s both ends. Doesn’t feel any slower, but definitely gripper in the corners.

iainc

good info, cheers, will order one up methinks

momo

butcher/Purgatory here too, although I have just swapped to a Slaughter on the rear, really impressed with it.

iainc

cheers all, have ordered a Butcher control for front

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘front tyre time on Soul’ is closed to new replies.