Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front Rack recommendations
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking for a front track for some light touring. Fork is carbon (Genesis number) and has a mounting half way down the leg and a mudgaurd eye. No attachment method on the inside of the fork.

steezysix
    Free Member

Specialized Pizza rack is nice and easy to mount. Only downside is a 15kg weight limit, but you did say “light” touring…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The 15kg wouldn’t be a problem, the Pizza rack is on the list. I’m just procrastinating over the looks, can’t decide whether I like it or not*. The Blackburn outpost was another.

*I know looks shouldn’t come into it but I do like a bike shod with racks and they need to look good, level and all that.

steezysix
    Free Member

I had an Outpost rack, didn’t think much of it. Although it has a higher weight limit, it felt flimsy and the top platform is too small and too far forward to be useful. It is also really wide – would look OK on a fat bike, but on my touring bike (40mm slicks) it looked ridiculous. (Looks are important, I agree!) Much happier with the Pizza rack, rode from UK Norway this summer and it was rock solid.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

cheers steexysix, sounds ideal, do you happen to have any pics of the bike with the rack and the 40’s?

steezysix
    Free Member

Not the Blackburn, but you can just about see the Pizza rack here on my old AWOL:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front Rack recommendations’ is closed to new replies.