Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Front MTB mudguard advice please guys
  • chainreaction
    Free Member

Been looking for a nice front mud guard and like the look of the “THE INDUSTRIES PROLINE ” it gets good reviews and looks sturdy. My question is the mudguard comes in two types a plastic version and a Lexan one. My question is is the one made of Lexan worth the extra money ?. Also I have dismissed the Topeak mudguards as the frequently seem to get poor reviews as regards their robustness, is this fair ?.

Any experiences or help on the above topics would be most welcome, thanks in advance guys.

Kindest regards

Chainreaction

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Not sure how much yours mentioned are- I recently got a rockguardz size medium, works a treat, easy to fit, no more muddy face!
    Hope that helps…!

chainreaction
    Free Member

They look lovely mud guards mate but a little bit more than I wanted to pay.

Kindest regards

Chainreaction

http://www.rockguardz.com/mudguardz.html

zippykona

A front mud hugger and a crud catcher is the best combo I’ve tried, short of fitting full guards.

Nick

I was riding with the Rockguardz fellas just before Christmas and the guards do look much nicer than most others I’ve seen, handmade in Shropshire too.

At the end of the ride they were much cleaner that I was – I had a mucky nuts front fender and a 10 year old crudcatcher on the back, pretty useless in comparison.

tomaso
    Free Member

Best yet is a broken Topeak defender rear bit drilled and cable tied to fork crown – works a treat, much better in fact than the original.

IHN

Crud guard on down tube plus Mucky Nutz style fender ( in my case, made from a 4 litre milk bottle) equals mud free front.

jwab
    Free Member

+1 for mucky nutz, cheap, doesn’t look ridiculous and seems to work ok for me.

fozzybear
    Free Member

it isn’t cheap but i have a dfender.

love it..
    the mud on my parner face and the lack of any on mine shows how good it is after any muddy ride.

again not cheap …

fudge9202
    Free Member

Goodness those rockguardz ain’t cheap, I could buy a top notch tyre for that, I run marshguards front and back and they have been great. If they are good enough for teams in downhill and enduro then they are good enough for me, cheap too!!

Front Page

chainreaction
    Free Member

Just ordered the mudguard in the link which seems to get good reviews. Will update this thread when I have had the chance to review the product as this might help others decide. Thanks to everyone who posted on my thread.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/the-sportline-front-fender/rp-prod10679

Kindest regards

Chainreaction

crikey
    Free Member

Had one, used it for about a year, was very good apart from being a pain when chucking bike into the car with front wheel off.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Front MTB mudguard advice please guys’ is closed to new replies.