Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Front mounted child seat
  • evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

I am looking at buying a front mounted child seat and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations, the Bobike and yepp seats seem to get good reviews.
    Has anyone used one on a full sus and what the knee room and handlebar reach like?
    cheers…

Jaz1979
    Free Member

I’m using the weeride, was a bit worried about it to start with impacting the ride but actually it doesn’t – have to ride with my knees slightly more outwards than normal.
    Use mine on both my Bfe and Heckler and the kids love it

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

I was actually looking at them as they have the head rest incase the child falls asleep. They look bulkier than some other seats. Does attach and release easy enough?

al2000

Yepp Mini owner here, and really happy with it. Slight knees out riding position required, but don’t notice after a while. Very quick and easy to attach / detach.

MtbRoutes

Had great fun with an iBert. No probs on a full suss, knee-room probably as good as it gets for front-loaders. You need 2cm worth of spacers on your steerer to clamp it onto.
    (Contact me if you want to buy mine – now surplus to requirements).

Kryton57

We used a BoBike mini exclusive very successfully, it was excellent.

In fact we still have it and its for sale at £30, my email is in my profile 🙂

fannybaws
    Free Member

thought the weeride was the best out of the ones we tried. here if you are nearby

steveoath
    Free Member

I couldn’t pedal with the yepp on my cx bike. If you can have a go with one do it.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

Jam Bo to the forum…. He has been using the Macride for a few weeks and loves it. Certainly the fastest seat i’ve seen to fit and remove. It is also very unobtrusive when your child is on the front,no knees out position!

jam-bo

Mac-ride is great. I was one of the original Kickstarter backers and while the nearly 2yr overrun was frustrating it’s well worth it. It’s an evolution on the LOCT seat that still changed hands for good money.

swdan
    Free Member

We’ve got a yepp, picked it up secondhand on eBay as wasn’t sure how we’d get on. Its great, my daughter loves being up front (she’s now nearly 2 and we’ve been using it since last November) and continually shouts go-go-go whenever we go out.

As above though, there’s a bit of a knees out riding position depending on his high you have the saddle. I have it a bit lower then when riding on my own to give me more stability when stopping. Not sure how useful the headrest would be though, my daughter tends to fall aslepp and lol to one side!

By the way, this is fitted to my 21″ specialized rockhopper 26er, it wouldn’t work on the London Road due to the dropped bars and a lower riding position.

If you’re anywhere near Epsom I’d be happy to fit it to your bike and you could try it out.

Dan

jam-bo

Dropper post is great for front mounted seats. Means you can stop and set off with the saddle low and then still pedal at a proper height.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Front mounted child seat’ is closed to new replies.