Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • front mech shift issue
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have an issue with the shift on my front mechanism that is becoming increasingly frustrating. I ride a gt zaskar carbon 100 expert, with x9 drivetrain. Front mech is bottom pull. I can start a ride with a great shift on the front but find as it gets muddier it won’t shift up. But if I add tension at the shifter I cam get it to change. As you can imagine this is annoying. Any tips or ideas? Aside from 1×10.

montylikesbeer

Start with changing cables and outers.

Along with that strip and clean the mech and then set up the upper and lower limiters from scratch.

Adding tension wont do a thing with issues like this.

When dealing with mechs the clever bit is the shifter and not the mech.

Hope this helps.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Cheers Monty. Will get a cable kit and replace.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Make sure there is no rubbish stuck in the mech, twigs ect as that could stop it moving properly

coatesy
    Free Member

Also make sure the cable is clamped properly, and not gradually creeping it’s way to slackness.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Problem is it gets bunged up on the ride. Will check cable grip as that seemed a bit loose when I tightened it earlier. But didn’t fix problem when out.

montylikesbeer

Sounds like old clogged cables and outers to me.

Ebay is your friend.

coatesy
    Free Member

If it’s getting bunged up, make a mud-flap using an old inner tube zip tied to the frame, been using mine for years now, mechs last a lot longer too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘front mech shift issue’ is closed to new replies.