Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Front mech on the new Pompetamine?
  • Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

I know it's not designed for it, but is there anything stopping me using a band-on downtube cable stop, glueing on a cable guide on the BB and having a front mech?

I will have to use a removable rear mech hanger like on my Roadrat. I want to be able to run a rear disk brake without it interfering with the pannier rack, hence thinking of swapping the Roadrat.

Cheers

Gareth

cynic-al
    Free Member

Should be fine IMO

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

What I thought, just want to check before lashing out £200!

scaradanga
    Free Member

How did this go? I’ve just bought a pomp and realized that its intended for single / fixed / alfine gearing.

Ive seen the DMR Rear Mech hanger and chain tug. Im guessing il just have to make arrangements for the extra cabling.

If you have any pictures of how yours turned out that would be great.

Olly
    Free Member

you can get rear hubs that take normal cassettes but also have a 3 speed hub gear in them, to effectively make a 3 x 9

dont see why you couldn’t do as you suggest though

markenduro
    Free Member

You might want to hang fire a bit and have a look at the new kaffenback, looks like it will have swapouts with a disc mount and is designed for gears.

Olly
    Free Member

OR just get a rack designed not to conflict with disks? Joses topeak one is ideal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m about to fit 3×8 to a Pompetamine, no doubt some bodging will be required.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Front mech on the new Pompetamine?’ is closed to new replies.